reserving dining when buying dining plan? Anthem?

With any RCCL ship (Anthem is no different) once boarded, you would go to the maître d at the first night restaurant (or any of the specialty restaurants) and they will assist with changing or adding reservations with your package.  There may be some limitations on time choices based on availability, but they will be as flexible as possible to your preferences.  You can also use the app on board.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I got off Anthem last week. We initially made our dining reservations for the MDR when we booked with our TA. He took care of booking our preferred time as well. 

When we got on the ship, we decided to try Jamie's Italian Grille (fabulous BTW). All we had to do was make reservations on the app and pay the surcharge ($30ish).

When you board Anthem go to Wonderland front desk and make whatever reservations for whatever restaurants you want.   Enjoy😃

Also, Wonderland is a nice choice too.   I highly recommend everyone try it at least once.

Jamie's has a nice outdoor patio so if you dine there and want the patio pick a nice warm evening.

Edited by Sunshine3601

1 hour ago, elaine5 said:

how does it work if I buy the 3 night dining plan? esp on the 1st night if I do not like the restaurant and/or time that they assign me to? specifically for Anthem? 

Very rarely to never do they book the first night.  If they do no problem in canceling for another night.  Sunshine3601 is right on, almost no one goes to Wonderland to book their reservations. Most people like to wait in line at chops.. happy cruising

• Like 1

thank you. What about pre-booking shows? and if not, how do I do that once onboard? We'll be in Europe and might not have APP capability. 

Edited by elaine5

1 minute ago, elaine5 said:

What about prebooking shows? and if not, how do I do that?

For now, you can't pre book shows on Anthem - you can book them (should be three) on board in the app as soon as you connect to the ship's wifi.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, elaine5 said:

what if we don't have the APP and/are not getting WIFI? Is there a place we go to book?

Connecting to the ship's wifi and use of the app is free - you don't need a Voom (internet) package to use it.

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 2

From Southampton where we are going from they are literally saying you have to download the app and use that. I am sure there are some exceptions.

We used it last year on a four day cruise to nowhere. Works really well and makes boarding speedy and a breeze.

We didn’t have paid Wi-Fi ( needed a tech free break) however as others have said the app works on the ships free Wi-Fi.

Edited by Fabulous97

5 hours ago, Fabulous97 said:

From Southampton where we are going from they are literally saying you have to download the app and use that. I am sure there are some exceptions.

The "requirement" to download the app is mentioned in other locations as well - it is definitely not required. The one nice side benefit of waiting till on the ship, is that you can get about 15 min of Stream internet free when you click on the App/Play store link on the Voom sign in page (as if you were going to get/update the app).