ArriveCAN: Side to Side Cruises & Second Canada Visit

TnTom

This week, I am sailing on a West Coast cruise on the Majestic Princess. We visit Victoria on May 6 and we disembark in Vancouver on May 7. I will transfer back to Seattle, spend the night at a hotel and then board the NCL Encore on May 8 for a 7 day Alaska cruise which stops in Victoria on May 14 before disembarking back in Seattle on May 15.

Completing the ArriveCAN record for my current cruise was straight forward and pretty easy. My assumption all along has been that- when I am withing the 72 hour window- I can just enter a second record for the NCL stop in Victoria. Today, I sat down with the app to begin that record and I have discovered that is not an available option (I also tried through the Arrive Canada website) . I am currently floating in the North Pacific, so I can't really call anyone today, but I did initiate a chat on the NCL site. The agent simply told me I needed to contact Arrive Canada. I do intend to attempt such a call while in Astoria, Oregon tomorrow, but since time is fleeting, I thought I would open a Cruise Critic thread, to hopefully tap into the collective wisdom of my fellow cruisers.

Have any of y'all had a similar experience, or do you have suggestions?

TYIA!

Common sense would suggest that because it's an entirely different cruise you would have to create a new record for the second cruise. It's not as if it's a single continuous journey on a single ship. It probably doesn't matter whether your second cruise starts the next day or the next month.

I suspect you can do it  by signing into your account and then entering the new cruise's information in place of the first cruise's information.

There's an ArriveCan thread on the West Coast Departures board. Perhaps the question has been addressed there and if not post your question there and perhaps you can get a more definitive answer.

Edited by njhorseman

Thank you for the feedback!

It did cross my mind that the same record might cover both visit, since they were only 8 days apart, but since you are required to provide the name of your ship, that didn't seem likely. The current record will have to stay out there until at least Saturday, I just don't trust that it will all work out by Sunday.

I will check out the West Coast Cruises area... and I still hope to call ArriveCAN tomorrow.

Good Luck, hope you enjoy Astoria tomorrow, we live there, sorry but it will probably be raining,  all this online sign up for anything and everything  keeps us for cruising again, darn it!   But you will still enjoy !!!

• Like 1

First thing this morning, I hopped on the phone to call the ArriveCAN phone number. I was expecting a long wait, as has become customary in the US, but after listening to a fairly long informational recording, I immediately spoke with a real person. After explaining my dilemma to him, he put me on hold to research the solution. After less than 5 minutes, he was back with the answer:

I registered again with a different Email address. I had to upload images of my vaccine card and my passport information again, but that wasn't much of a hassle. I then created the second visit record under the new Email address, and I now have my ArriveCAN receipt.

Kudos to the folks at ArriveCAN for providing a quick and easy solution!