Car Hire Port canaveral and Port of Miami

glennmartin

2 hours ago, glennmartin said:

Hello 

does anyone know if there are rental car pick up and drop of locations at both canaveral and miami ports ???

I need to collect a car from canaveral and drop off in miami on the same day 

You'll want to research/ask this on the Florida Departures forum.   Here is the link for you:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

There are no car rental facilities directly at the Port Of Miami. A few companies have downtown Miami locations that are very close to the Port Of Miami. They include Avis, Hertz and Budget. Not sure if they provide shuttle service to the Port Of Miami but a Uber or cab shouldn’t be very expensive. If you rent from Alamo, Dollar, Thrifty, Enterprise, or National you can return the vehicle to the Miami International Airport Rental Car Center which is located directly across from Miami International Airport. Shuttle service from there was discontinued by most major rental car companies at the beginning of the Covid pandemic. A cab from there to the Port Of Miami should run you around thirty dollars plus tip.As for Port Canaveral most rental car facilities are located in Cape Canaveral which is ten minutes away from Port Canaveral. Last but not least, the ride from Port Canaveral to the Port Of Miami is approximately two hundred fifty miles and will take you approximately four hours on Interstate 95. Try to be the first one off of the ship to give yourself extra time. One brush fire or major accident and you will miss your sailing from the Port Of Miami.

I have done the ride from from Port Canaveral to my condo in Hallandale Beach which is approximately twenty five miles north of the Port Of Miami a few times. The rental car locations at Cape Canaveral are relatively small and very busy on cruise turnaround days. Try to get there early as possible and make sure you have a reservation. On many days they are short on rental vehicles and wait for customers arriving from MCO to drop off vehicles before they head over to Port Canaveral to check in for there cruise.

42 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

To get from one ship to another, one imagines.

Cheaper to hire an actual car service. Check mozio.com for ideas. It’s an airport transfer search engine that will, at least, provide an idea of cost. Then contact the companies direct for possibly better deal. 
For Miami area we use American Transport- stellar service.

9 hours ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Cheaper to hire an actual car service. Check mozio.com for ideas. It’s an airport transfer search engine that will, at least, provide an idea of cost. Then contact the companies direct for possibly better deal. 
For Miami area we use American Transport- stellar service.

A car service taking one-way trips from Port Canaveral to PortMiami for less than a one-day rental? A random date on mozio shows no less than $725.

On 5/7/2022 at 1:17 PM, EngIceDave said:

I'm from the area, but confused by the question.

This a rental? Pick up a rental in Cape Canaveral and drive to where in Miami?

yep due to cruise line cancelling our 2nd cruise from canaveral we need to drive to MIA to get on another ship 

2 hours ago, EngIceDave said:

I'm confused

Happy to try and help, live near Port Canaveral and driven to Miami a million times, just confused to what you need and why

The OP is getting off a ship at Port Canaveral and needs to get to PortMiami to get on another ship. It's pretty clear.

• Like 1

But why a rental car?

Why not hire a car, like Blacklane?

Not trying to be difficult. Want me to drive the rental, fine, how do I get home?

Want a ride to the port, I can do that in my own car and get home.

This is why I am confused.

1 hour ago, EngIceDave said:

But why a rental car?

Why not hire a car, like Blacklane?

Not trying to be difficult. Want me to drive the rental, fine, how do I get home?

Want a ride to the port, I can do that in my own car and get home.

This is why I am confused.

The cost of a driver/car is above $700. The question is, why NOT a rental car?

image.thumb.png.c3be9c20035356808acaac9a483bcfe3.png

Edited by hrhdhd
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, hrhdhd said:

The cost of a driver/car is above $700. The question is, why NOT a rental car?

image.thumb.png.c3be9c20035356808acaac9a483bcfe3.png

There’s less expensive alternatives than a Mercedes E class.

In any case, there’s also bus service, shuttles, etc. check out the Rome2Rio app for ideas.

Dealing with rental cars is just so inconvenient.

2A730DB8-A51E-42FF-AC76-E13EDAFA4C36.png

26 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

There’s less expensive alternatives than a Mercedes E class.

In any case, there’s also bus service, shuttles, etc. check out the Rome2Rio app for ideas.

Dealing with rental cars is just so inconvenient.

2A730DB8-A51E-42FF-AC76-E13EDAFA4C36.png

I searched the PP's suggestion. A $61 shuttle is great . . . the OP can get to PortMiami in time to watch his ship sail without him.

• 1 year later...
On 5/7/2022 at 1:56 AM, glennmartin said:

Hello 

does anyone know if there are rental car pick up and drop of locations at both canaveral and miami ports ???

I need to collect a car from canaveral and drop off in miami on the same day 

Did this work out for you? I hope to do Port Canaveral to something for port of Miami.  

Port Canaveral to the Port of Miami is a four plus hour trip on Interstate 95. Not including picking up a rental vehicle from a Cape Canaveral rental location and dropping it off in the Miami area adds approximately two hours to the voyage. One brush fire or serious accident on Interstate 95 and you're screwed. If you plan a Saturday to Saturday cruise out of Port Canaveral followed by a Sunday to Sunday cruise from either Port Everglades or Port of Miami and the two cruise voyages can be accomplished. Personally I would be too stressed to do it myself but with the overnight in the South Florida area it can be done. Same day sailing is literally impossible.