Live Cruising Review Adventure of the Seas 5/12/22 - 5/21/22 Bermuda / Caribbean Lots of Pictures !!!

5 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Are the glass blowers and their shop still at the port?   I sure hope so I add something to my collection everytime I go to Bermuda.

I remember there being a beach at Port area but don't remember there being a charge.

If you are talking about the glass blower that shared a space with the rum cake place that section is closed!  Perhaps they will open back up when it gets busier???  There is a separate art gallery but I don’t think that’s what you meant!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

No problem.  The last time we sailed on RCI was before MTD was an option.  It's frustrating that it's available at 530 on other lines such as Carnival or Princess.  No idea why it starts at 645 on RCI.

It starts so late because they do a first sitting first.

It is improving but the administration of MTD in February was ridiculous. They are slowly getting it together but we noticed it led to extended crowding  in Diamond lounge HH last week.

22 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Day 2

It was very nice that Captain Jaret stopped by the Diamond Lounge to talk to everyone.  He stopped at every table and spent a lot of time chatting with the guests!!

Very pleased to hear this.

It sounds like someone must have said something - it was very evident last week that he only stopped at select tables.

I may have missed your post but do you have an estimate for how many passengers on board this week?

2 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

Very pleased to hear this.

It sounds like someone must have said something - it was very evident last week that he only stopped at select tables.

I may have missed your post but do you have an estimate for how many passengers on board this week?

He was very personable and I see him every where … he always says hello or waves!  Around 2300 this week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Day 3

Adventure of the Seas like I said before … she might not have all the bells and whistles and the decor might be dated but she is still a classy ship with that old time cruise ship feel to it.  The food is good and the entertainment has been fantastic.  There is always something to do…. Yes I miss walking through Central Park and the vitality cafe but the coziness of the ship makes up for it!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

It starts so late because they do a first sitting first.

It is improving but the administration of MTD in February was ridiculous. They are slowly getting it together but we noticed it led to extended crowding  in Diamond lounge HH last week.

I have zero reservations on our five day next month.  I mistakenly assumed that MTD would start at the same time as Carnival, NCL, Celebrity and Princess. Not a fan of set time at 530, especially because of the high number of kids.  Guess it'll be a last minute decision depending what our options are when I see the Maitre'D.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

I have zero reservations on our five day next month.  I mistakenly assumed that MTD would start at the same time as Carnival, NCL, Celebrity and Princess. Not a fan of set time at 530, especially because of the high number of kids.  Guess it'll be a last minute decision depending what our options are when I see the Maitre'D.

You don’t need reservations but MTD is pushed into smaller window than usual. (I think it used to start at 6pm, although we have never ate that early so not sure.) There were a lot of people who wanted 6.45 - 7.30 - those that would normally eat then, plus those who would normally eat earlier. They let them all book despite not having enough staff to service it. We moved our regular time from 7.30 to 7.45 and it worked much better.

They do now have two lines, one for reservations and one for walk-ups like all other ships I have been on that had MTD but in February they didn’t and lines were ridiculous with everyone in one line. We always pre-book a time slot before boarding and alter on board if necessary. First time I have heard of Royal designating a time slot in advance as a marker. 

Another difference with this ship was that if we have decided to do Windjammer or Specialty dining we have always let them know on other ships, as a courtesy, so they release our table but this seemed to create so much confusion on Adventure we stopped informing them.

Edited by c-leg5

9 hours ago, Blur said:

Thanks for all the flowrider pics.  How long were the lines?

The longest line I have seen was about 5 people waiting.  It has been windy and cool the last few days though and also there are not that many kids onboard either!  Not the right time because kids are still in school in the NE.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Possibly because of less entertainment options on the AOTS?

Not sure… because there is a show every night at the theater and live music options is a plenty … they will be running the ice show again so I will check the crowd level.