Going on Enchanted Princess for 14 days in May, is there a mandatory Mid Cruise Testing during the cruise?

gam888

We are sailing on the Enchanted Princess for 14 days next week. Just heard that some cruise lines have a mandatory "Mid Cruise Covid Testing" that you have to do, say on the 7 or 8 day of your 14 day cruise. Has anyone recently gone on the Enchanted Princess or any Other Princess cruises that are 14 days in duration in Europe that they have to do this test? It's the first time I heard about it, so it's a bit of a surprise to us. Just want to know what to expect.

Please also share your experience if you have recently sailed on the Enchanted Princess, especially if there is any dance venue for ballroom dancing. 

Thank you in advance.

• Like 1

I have been on Enchanted since April 9 the when we left Ft. Lauderdale.  Up to now there's been NO testing on-board, except for the day before the ship docked (Copenhagen and Southampton) for those flying out the next day.  I'm flying back to the US on Sunday, May 15, and expect to have a test tomorrow (May 14).

Whether or not "mid-cruise testing" will become a thing post my cruise, I can't tell you, but there's been no testing so far.

There is a small dance floor in the Piazza and many people dance there.

• Like 2

We are doing a single 14 day segment. I believe there is no testing requirement to enter England. But everyone needs a negative test to get on the ship. Is there a mid cruise testing for a single 14 day segment? Would there be a test to enter England when the ship gets back to Southampton at the end of the cruise? We are flying home to Canada on the same day the cruise ends, and there is no requirement for a negative test to enter Canada for fully vaccinated people. So I don't suppose we need a test to get off the ship to enter England?

5 hours ago, DCThunder said:

I have been on Enchanted since April 9 the when we left Ft. Lauderdale.  Up to now there's been NO testing on-board, except for the day before the ship docked (Copenhagen and Southampton) for those flying out the next day.  I'm flying back to the US on Sunday, May 15, and expect to have a test tomorrow (May 14).

Whether or not "mid-cruise testing" will become a thing post my cruise, I can't tell you, but there's been no testing so far.

Sorry, slightly off topic but how have things been on Enchanted? TIA 😄

On 5/13/2022 at 5:59 AM, gam888 said:

We are doing a single 14 day segment. I believe there is no testing requirement to enter England. But everyone needs a negative test to get on the ship. Is there a mid cruise testing for a single 14 day segment? Would there be a test to enter England when the ship gets back to Southampton at the end of the cruise? We are flying home to Canada on the same day the cruise ends, and there is no requirement for a negative test to enter Canada for fully vaccinated people. So I don't suppose we need a test to get off the ship to enter England?

No test was required to enter England when we ended one cruise in Southampton or for port calls in Falmouth and Portland.  I'm getting off tomorrow in Southampton, and only need the negative test to fly back to the States.

23 hours ago, villauk said:

Sorry, slightly off topic but how have things been on Enchanted? TIA 😄

Things have been great.  We had excellent weather on all legs of the cruise, the passenger load has averaged around 50-55% of capacity and all-in-all, it's been a wonderful experience.  There are the usual "changes to the way things used to be" to allow some folks to complain, but in if you put that aside, Enchanted is a beautiful ship and the crew is very friendly and helpful.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/13/2022 at 5:47 AM, DCThunder said:

Do you remember what deck Enchanted used for the quarantine deck?

TIA

18 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Do you remember what deck Enchanted used for the quarantine deck?

TIA

The rumor on the ship was that it was Deck 9, the Dolphin deck.  There was never a formal announcement that anyone was quarantined, but on certain elevators the 9th floor button was greyed out.  These were mainly the aft elevators (my cabin was in the stern so I used these often).  IIRC, the midships and forward elevators did stop on Deck 9.  However the ship was only at about 60% capacity so there could have been other reasons for no elevators stopping on Dolphin.

I hope this helps...

9 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

The rumor on the ship was that it was Deck 9, the Dolphin deck.  There was never a formal announcement that anyone was quarantined, but on certain elevators the 9th floor button was greyed out.  These were mainly the aft elevators (my cabin was in the stern so I used these often).  IIRC, the midships and forward elevators did stop on Deck 9.  However the ship was only at about 60% capacity so there could have been other reasons for no elevators stopping on Dolphin.

I hope this helps...

It does. Thank you. 

I was just on Enchanted, Dolphin aft, wake facing cabin, no quarantine cabins there now.  It was more forward on our cruise, but I can’t remember the deck I saw the closed corridor doors.