Pre cruise Covid testing from the U.K.

Hello. This has probably been answered before but I am struggling to find the information I need. I am travelling during the Jubilee bank holiday so many pharmacies/chemists are closed due to the bank holiday in the U.K. I am fully vaccinated and boosted so would like to book a supervised antigen test online but cannot find any links to “Royal Caribbean” approved companies. If anybody could give me links or suggestions on how to find approved companies/tests that are valid for cruising on Royal Caribbean from Southampton I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks You

• Like 1

We used DocHQ to board an RC ship without issue.  The tests arrived through the post within a couple of days, and the video appointment was easy, negative certificate arrives before the end of the call so you have the opportunity to double check the details before hanging up.  However appointment slots do seem to fill up quickly, so for best choice of timings I would advise not leaving it too late. Although if cruising from Southampton and not needing to get the timing right for both flying and cruising you probably have more flexibility ☺️

I contacted Royal Caribbean on this issue as we're from the UK as well and their website seems to be geared to the US market.

I was given several options that would acceptable and I decided to go with the one below 

https://tests.medicspot.co.uk
They told me the one that was the lateral flow with observation was acceptable 

Hope this helps

I'm not sure where you are in the UK, but we've had our tests done by Randox (they have numerous branches throughout the UK), and have always found them reliable, and results have been back very quickly.    Another company (although I haven't used them) is Dam Health, who seem to have a branch in Southampton. and state antigen results should be available within 2 hours of testing.

Thanks everybody. Lots of really helpful suggestions. Just for clarity, and probably more for my peace of mind, I am assuming an antigen test is just another term for a lateral flow ?

I have just checked a couple of the sites and there are still quite a few slots  available, so as soon as somebody is kind enough to clarify the above, I will book a slot.

Thanks again

3 minutes ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Not Little Britain but yes they are as we used them last week to board the Anthem on Friday.

Thank you so much for responding 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere. I have now booked myself and family in for the day before we cruise on 4th June but I did have to book for a branch a few miles away from where we are staying in Portsmouth. It looked as though some branches weren't open, possibly because of the bank holiday, and maybe the weekend, who knows?? I was starting to find this all quite stressful. Just have to 'pass' the test now! And relax .............

P.S. I hope you enjoyed your cruise on Anthem, or are you still on it?

15 hours ago, holidaydebbie said:

Do you know if they are accepted by Royal Carribbean LittleBritain or Norwich Cruiser?

Have used Lloyds to board Apex  and Voyager this year already and will use them to board Wonder this weekend…. So yes they are accepted! 

Edited by little britain

I really appreciate all the answers too. I cruise out of Southampton in November but am staying in London for 4 days beforehand.  I will be printing these suggestions in case I still need them at that time.

I’ve looked into getting the rapid antigen test done at Boots..not too far from my hotel. I believe the cost is £30.  Does sound reasonable?  My ship is the new Carnival Celebration, and it will be my first cruise in 2.5 years…I’m so excited!!

18 minutes ago, ladysail2 said:

I really appreciate all the answers too. I cruise out of Southampton in November but am staying in London for 4 days beforehand.  I will be printing these suggestions in case I still need them at that time.

I’ve looked into getting the rapid antigen test done at Boots..not too far from my hotel. I believe the cost is £30.  Does sound reasonable?  My ship is the new Carnival Celebration, and it will be my first cruise in 2.5 years…I’m so excited!!

Yes, Lloyds is £29.99 

19 hours ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Not Little Britain but yes they are as we used them last week to board the Anthem on Friday.

I'm boarding Anthem in 3 weeks.  Have you heard about any covid cases while you were there or after disembarking?