Cabanas on the Rotterdam

jimmy2x

We are booked on Rotterdam next year for a 21 day B to B in the Caribbean. Both of us have issues with skin cancer. Would like to book a cabana that would provide shade on the stern area. We both enjoy the pool on the stern but want to ensure that we will be in the shade when not actually in the pool. Help please. 

A search will find tons of threads. You need to call Ship's Services (800-541-1576) to book.

The cabanas are not on the stern. They are immediately behind the forward elevators on Deck 12. There is covered seating at the aft pool (Deck 9) on both sides of the pool, but one side is the smoking section.

We were on the Rotterdam in February.  We sat on the deck above the forward pool (the one with the retractable roof.)  Nice loungers up there, and I think the sun is filtered by the roof.  You can see the activity by the pool, and still enjoy that.  The New York Deli was up there.   We also found outside deck areas that were in the shade.  Enjoy!

Edited by ktbraun
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ktbraun said:

We were on the Rotterdam in February.  We sat on the deck above the forward pool (the one with the retractable roof.)  Nice loungers up there, and I think the sun is filtered by the roof.  You can see the activity by the pool, and still enjoy that.  The New York Deli was up there.   We also found outside deck areas that were in the shade.  Enjoy!

What you say is correct. We tried the same on a very windy sea day on Koningsdam, not using our cabana due to the wind. It got very warm and noisy on that deck (Deck 10), and not the most enjoyable place to be.

2 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

What you say is correct. We tried the same on a very windy sea day on Koningsdam, not usingour cabanadue to the wind. It got very warm and noisy on that deck (Deck 10), and not the most enjoyable place to be.

Well, we were on Rotterdam on the outside deck and enjoyed shade, quiet, and the Panorama bar at our disposal with a very nice server. Onboard 34 days from Mid-Dec to Mid-Jan. We did not feel like a cabana was needed. (CARIBBEAN)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Thank you all for the insights. We will probably pass on the cabanas. Our stateroom is one of the Deck 6 balconies on the stern. I suspect that if we want to get away from the crowds at the pool area, the balcony will suffice. 

On 5/17/2022 at 5:13 PM, ktbraun said:

We were on Rotterdam for the TA in April. We spent every sea day morning on that deck! It was so enjoyable, comfortable and perfect for a quick lunch!
I would definitely choose that over a cabana.

• Like 2