Stateroom Door Decorations

ScottC4746

7 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

Whenever the topic of door decorations come up on CC, I am reminded of the door decorating contests we had in HS.Fun then, not needed on a cruise.

I just read a good idea on this thread about taking a photo of the cabin number. We do that in the airport parking lot to find our car.We don’t decorate our car doors so we can find it in the lot- just sayin’.

Before phone cameras,we depended on our cruise cards for the cabin number and wrote down the parking lot number on a pad in my purse.

I do that when parking also.   Another thing I do is take a photo of the daily specials that are usually at the entrance of restaurants when dining there.  

I also take a photo of the Port Authority info that is in the daily before going ashore.  

Phones are very handy but also sometime a distraction.  I used to see people walk into a restaurant, sit down and pull out their smart phones.   It seems rather rude to walk in with someone for dining and not pay attention to them.    I then  realized that they scanned the code and were looking at the menu on their phones.   I want a real menu.   For me it is easier to look at instead of navigating it on the phone.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MJSailors said:

Whenever the topic of door decorations come up on CC, I am reminded of the door decorating contests we had in HS.Fun then, not needed on a cruise.

I just read a good idea on this thread about taking a photo of the cabin number. We do that in the airport parking lot to find our car.We don’t decorate our car doors so we can find it in the lot- just sayin’.

Before phone cameras,we depended on our cruise cards for the cabin number and wrote down the parking lot number on a pad in my purse.

With so many white SUV’s in the parking lots I put a dog sticker on my back window. It has helped me identify my car so I stop trying to get in the wrong one!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Do people also decorate doors in 4 or 5 star hotels or resorts with pictures and magnets? The cabin number is on your seapass card and the deck number should not be that difficult...

No, but we don't do hotel roll calls either!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There seem to be a lot of judgmental folks here.  If you think door decor is tacky, don't do it.  Why not live and let live?  Seems there's too much my way or the highway in the world these days.

It is a bit of a lightning rod topic although it is not brought up as frequently as some of the other famous ones (e.g. bringing kids, dress attire). 

One interesting topic that formerly was a lighting rod but now has gone away is internet connection packages.  20 years ago if someone asked for information on connection pricing and the procedure for getting their laptop connected on board, 3/4 of the posts would debate the merits (and demerits) of being plugged in while at sea.  Thankfully that has gone away as times have changed.

8 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Do people also decorate doors in 4 or 5 star hotels or resorts with pictures and magnets? The cabin number is on your seapass card and the deck number should not be that difficult...

so then don't do it. Doesn't matter a twit what you think of it.

• Like 1

On our recent millennium cruise the Captain’s Club hostess had the doors of several Zenith’s cabins decorated with a welcome and their names on them. I noticed some of disappeared after a few days and some didn’t. We personally use a 3 x 5 magnet with a balcony picture that says our first names cabin on it. I don’t consider it tacky and it definitely helps find your cabin in a long hallway of sameitude

• Like 2

On 5/22/2022 at 6:51 PM, cruising sister said:

With so many white SUV’s in the parking lots I put a dog sticker on my back window. It has helped me identify my car so I stop trying to get in the wrong one!

I don’t know if you remember ages ago Gulf gas stations gave out orange styrofoam balls to put on your antenna so you could find your car in the lot.  It would have worked except everyone had one.  Then 2, 3 and etc 

I take a photo of the column but the newer cars have the car finder on a app.  Or use the emergency button, or unlock and relock the doors.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅