Boots ("Wellingtons") for Amazon River shore excursions?

marne-c

I'll be on an Amazon River cruise this fall on Navigator.  I've heard that wearing tall rubber boots like Wellingtons is the best way to go.  I've also heard that some cruise ships provide them for passengers' use.

Has anyone been on an Amazon River cruise with RSSC?  Should I bring my own boots?

--Marne

12 minutes ago, marne-c said:

I'll be on an Amazon River cruise this fall on Navigator.  I've heard that wearing tall rubber boots like Wellingtons is the best way to go.  I've also heard that some cruise ships provide them for passengers' use.

Has anyone been on an Amazon River cruise with RSSC?  Should I bring my own boots?

--Marne

We were on Mariner several years ago on a "circle SouthAmerica" cruise and had no need for rubber boots. Are you doing some specialized "wet" excursions?  We did a nighttime cayman hunting small boat trip bit did not really get wet.  Insect repellent is a must!  

marne-c:

Did May-June 2017 Miami-Amazon River-Miami aboard Navigator.  No need for boots. 

As general information, you might want to visit several Threads and Roll Calls devoted to Amazon River experiences.  Example:  Mariner Roll Call.  Page 6.  Title:  "Radiant Amazon".  The Roll Call was for Mariner's upcoming November, 2017 segment.  I was current aboard Navigator "on The River" and posted from time-to-time beginning on Page 3.   

GOARMY!