How early can you book Princess excursions?

whataboutport

My cruise isn't until Oct but there are some excursions showing for one port. When do more excursions usually show up for other ports? Also I am trying to book the Whale Shark swimming excursions but it gives me an error "Guests with a error" with that incorrect grammar.

Capture3.JPG

I booked my excursions months ago for my Aug cruise. It should say if they're available. If they are in the excursion section and you can click on it, you should be able to add them to your cart and buy them. Looking at your attachment you may need to click on the special notes?

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I have seen that before...but for the life of me I cannot remember what I did to fix it.  I'll ask the obvious...have you logged off and back on again?

Lol yes. I actually have been logged out many times due to inactivity, which I think is too quick.

15 minutes ago, INeedAMaiTai said:

You can book excursions pretty quickly after your cruise purchase.  My problem with it is I'll have a few hundred dollars of OBC I want to use for that, but can't until I get on the ship.  Which annoys me.

yes, it has to be OBC actually posted to your account to use pre-cruise for excursions

• 2 months later...
On 5/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, whataboutport said:

My cruise isn't until Oct but there are some excursions showing for one port. When do more excursions usually show up for other ports? Also I am trying to book the Whale Shark swimming excursions but it gives me an error "Guests with a error" with that incorrect grammar.

Capture3.JPG

Hi. What was the fix for this? This is my first Princess cruise & I see the same error. Our cruise is next summer, so not sure if it is just too soon? Thanks 

I am having the same error message - wonder if some kind of temporary issue with webste.  Looks like excursions are available for pre-booking, but when selected don’t move into cart.  Has anyone found a fix / workaround to this issue?

We're 8 months out and we have already booked a couple of excursions. We are spreading them out so we don't have to pay for all of them on one charge card bill. 

As for the error, perhaps you haven't set up a payment method yet? Or are missing some passenger information that is needed to complete an excursion booking, such as age or passport info? I am only guessing. I have never had any issues with excursions, but we always have all of our passenger information loaded to the cruise booking.  

Edited by PTMary

23 hours ago, PTMary said:

We're 8 months out and we have already booked a couple of excursions. We are spreading them out so we don't have to pay for all of them on one charge card bill. 

As for the error, perhaps you haven't set up a payment method yet? Or are missing some passenger information that is needed to complete an excursion booking, such as age or passport info? I am only guessing. I have never had any issues with excursions, but we always have all of our passenger information loaded to the cruise booking.  

Just to clarify, we're doing Hawaii in March on Royal out of San Francisco. The excursions have been available for booking for three or four months already. The ones we have booked have already appeared on our charge card statement. Strange that on some closer cruises excursions aren't available. 😕

Edited by PTMary

On 8/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, jccnharris said:

Hi. What was the fix for this? This is my first Princess cruise & I see the same error. Our cruise is next summer, so not sure if it is just too soon? Thanks 

The fix was they removed the whale shark excursion bc they prob realized it's way too early in the season, and then they cancelled all the Diamond cruises from Sept till mid Nov, which includes mine, so no more issue for me since I am no longer cruising.