Transfers from Venice hotel to Trieste; Covid testing in Italy

Moosers Mom

1)Has anyone sailed out of the Port of Trieste Italy yet? Is anyone booked to do this in the next couple of months?

We have an August 21 cruise on the Oosterdam that sails out of this port & I am trying to find the best way to

get from Venice(city central hotel, not the airport) to this port.

2) we also required to have a negative Covid test within 3 days of embarkation. Has anyone experienced this?

We used the OptumRx/eMed in February in Ft Lauderdale & it worked well but not sure how it would work abroad.

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks

1 hour ago, Moosers Mom said:

the best way to

get from Venice(city central hotel, not the airport) to this port.

Define 'best'.  Cheapest? Quickest?  Least carbon footprint?

We are sailing June 13th and I have booked a private transfer (for 2) from Mestre (on the mainland) to Trieste.  Price is €245, pay the driver with credit card.  I will let report on how it works out.

For a transfer to Trieste from a Venice hotel you will still have to get to Pza Roma as that is the nearest place for a car/taxi.

• Like 1

Best is defined as the easiest way to get 4 people to the port. Doesn't have to be cheap, nor quick & would prefer not dealing with public transportation. I checked with Viatour(Tripadvisor's company) and they do not offer transfers from Venice to Trieste.

Please let me know how your private transfer works for you; I have also contacted our hotel in Venice to see if they have any recommendations.

Thank you for the info

We are cruising September 28th on the O, HAL is arranging our transfers from Venice to Trieste - both ways.  We received an e several weeks ago and had to respond as to where we would meet the transfer and what time 9 or 11.

I have not used them but I have noticed very good reviews of Welcome Pickups in a number of threads on the Azamara cruise board including comments by some who are very experienced world travelers. Not sure I can list the website but it will come up if you Google it. On their website, it looks like you can use them from a variety of Venice hotels to Trieste.

This cruise is the offered replacement cruise for a September Volendam cruise cancelled by HAL.

It's very last minute & a month earlier, so I feel like I am scrambling to get things set up (I had everything completed for the September cruise out of Rome). It sails out of Trieste but back to Venice- just odd.

Thanks for the offered advice; I will google the shuttle service websites & check with HAL on transfers.

My hotel did offer a private car service but the 22% VAT put that price wayyyy up there.

Would love to hear any other suggestions out there!!

Also, I realize there's info on the Italy Covid testing, but what have you guys decided to do for this?

Many thanks!!

Look at the roll calls of any HAL ship leaving Trieste and you'll find discussions on transfers and testing.

ie   Oosterdam (June 13-25) has about 200 replies. Look at the last couple of pages to read questions and responses to your concerns

We had a Covid test last Friday prior to boarding the day after in Ravenna. We had it done in a pharmacy, (Boots) by the pharmacist, went and wandered for 20 minutes before returning for our printed (in English) certificate. 22 euros pp.

gigianne - when you were given time options from HAL did that included location options for pick up local?  We will be staying on the island and dont want to find transport back to airport to then get bussed to Trieste.  Hoping they have an on-island location option

9 minutes ago, mhanzok said:

gigianne - when you were given time options from HAL did that included location options for pick up local?  We will be staying on the island and dont want to find transport back to airport to then get bussed to Trieste.  Hoping they have an on-island location option

The two options are VCE airport or Tronchetto (beside People Mover). Both options listed 09.00h or 11.00h departure time.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/29/2022 at 9:27 PM, VMax1700 said:

I am using www.veniceshuttle.it

I will report back and let you know how it goes!

21 hours ago, Moosers Mom said:

Has anyone taken the company VeniceShuttle yet from Venice to Trieste yet?

Any feedback on this company?

Thanks

I forgot to report back, sorry!

Not impressed with our driver.  He was at the hotel on time and the van was clean and airy, but he drove like a maniac.  Very unpleasant drive.

5 hours ago, Moosers Mom said:

Oh Dear - I've already booked them. Maybe I can learn how to say "slow down please" or "we're not in a hurry" in Italian. Drivers seem to be speeding all over the world these days.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am sure they have more than one driver!  You may get lucky.  Driver had perfect English, but just wanted to try to beat Google Maps drive time!  

• 4 weeks later...

Again, thank you for your input and assistance. Unfortunately, I have cancelled this shuttle from Venice because we have cancelled our August 21, 2022 14 day cruise on Oosterdam due to Covid. I have rebooked this cruise for September 2023. The 09/2023 cruise currently includes Egypt which was the main port I wanted to visit on the cancelled 09/2022 Volendam cruise. Fingers crossed things will be better in 09/2023.

13 minutes ago, Moosers Mom said:

Again, thank you for your input and assistance. Unfortunately, I have cancelled this shuttle from Venice because we have cancelled our August 21, 2022 14 day cruise on Oosterdam due to Covid. I have rebooked this cruise for September 2023. The 09/2023 cruise currently includes Egypt which was the main port I wanted to visit on the cancelled 09/2022 Volendam cruise. Fingers crossed things will be better in 09/2023.

Sorry to read that you got 'the virus', hopefully you are not too ill with it.