Beer size

rdemn

We are sailing in September on holland American.

Just off a Royal Caribbean cruise and they were selling beer in 12 oz cans

not 16 oz cans like my last cruise for the same price..

Is Holland still selling 16 oz cans?

momey grab 

2 hours ago, Sir PMP said:

I've only seen 12oz bottles.

What ship? And when?

We were on the Nieuw Amsterdam in November and they were 16 oz. The bar menu on the Navigator App for our upcoming cruise shows 16 oz. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PACD_JG said:

Okay, now I've got to ask - is there beer on tap (Koningsdam - Alaska)?  If not, please tell me HAL serves their beer in glass.

The Grand Dutch Cafe (on the three Pinnacle class ships) has four beers on tap and another 12 brands in bottles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

The Grand Dutch Cafe (on the three Pinnacle class ships) has four beers on tap and another 12 brands in bottles.

The Galaxy Bar on Signature class has 4 imports on tap too. Most bars have a Heineken tap but it's operation seems to be iffy...at least that was the case in Dec on the Eurodam.

1 hour ago, AFNavigator said:

The Galaxy Bar on Signature class has 4 imports on tap too. Most bars have a Heineken tap but it's operation seems to be iffy...at least that was the case in Dec on the Eurodam.

Galaxy Bar??? No such thing. I think you mean the Gallery Bar.

37 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Galaxy Bar??? No such thing. I think you mean the Gallery Bar.

Sorry, Gallery Bar.  Autocorrect triumphs again...

That said, I wasn't impressed by the tap selections nor the tap function.  They were all very foamy..  I was happy though that virtually all bars had Hoegaarden bottles available.  I think we wiped out their Hoegaarden stock at the Lido and Seaview bars on the Eurodam during our cruise.  If you like a clovey wheat beer, Hoegaarden is tough to top.

5 hours ago, PACD_JG said:

Okay, now I've got to ask - is there beer on tap (Koningsdam - Alaska)?  If not, please tell me HAL serves their beer in glass.

If a glass is important, why be disappointed?  Pack a favorite beer glass and enjoy your favorite beverage.  I love red wine and if I anticipated it being served in a plastic cup I would make sure I had a wine glass in my luggage.  Of course, you can probably get a glass from any of the bars.  JMO, Cherie

32 minutes ago, cccole said:

If a glass is important, why be disappointed?  Pack a favorite beer glass and enjoy your favorite beverage.  I love red wine and if I anticipated it being served in a plastic cup I would make sure I had a wine glass in my luggage.  Of course, you can probably get a glass from any of the bars.  JMO, Cherie

Just stop, apologist.

Our Elegant Fleet Of Cruise Ships

Revel in spacious cruise ship rooms, breathe in expansive views and relax in easy elegance. With stately fine dining and enriching activities, Holland America Line's cruise ships welcome you aboard.