Dining Hours?

gwesq

In making a Reservation for dining at Laa Terrazza on WHisper, the choices are 6-7, 7-8, or 8-9. Does that mean you have to show up at, let's say for the 7-8 at 7, and have to be out of there by 8? OR can you show up anytime between 7 and 8?  

10 minutes ago, gwesq said:

In making a Reservation for dining at Laa Terrazza on WHisper, the choices are 6-7, 7-8, or 8-9. Does that mean you have to show up at, let's say for the 7-8 at 7, and have to be out of there by 8? OR can you show up anytime between 7 and 8?  

Hi, you can show up between those times and no, you don't have to be in and out in 1 hour's time. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gwesq said:

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a 6:00p dinner at La Terrazza.  Interesting to note and wonder if SS is offering this dining window across the fleet now.

As a reminder and technically speaking, you have not made a reservation per se, but rather a dining request.  Upon embarkation, the actual reservation time will be noted in a letter in your suite, sometime between the hour you requested.

Do pay attention to this letter as one time we did not and learned a lesson the hard way.  We showed up at 7:45p knowing that we had a confirmed request for 7:00p to 8:00p online.  Unfortunately, La Terrazza couldn’t accommodate us until 9:15p as we had missed our 7:00p reservation. The venue only holds the table for 15-minutes.

With that said, should you find yourself assigned a time you do not wish upon arrival in your suite, just kindly ask your Butler to make alternative arrangements.  You’ll usually been accommodated.

21 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

That’s the first time I’ve ever heard of a 6:00p dinner at La Terrazza.  Interesting to note and wonder if SS is offering this dining window across the fleet now.

I could have misspoken - there were 3 time slots, 7-8, 8-9, and I just assume the 3rd I saw was 6-7. COuld have been 9-10

Hi, Stumblefoot is correct.  The early dining is in the 7-8 slot.  All the restaurants open at 7.  Or I should say, I have never seen any of them opened at 6.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When you book, say, the 7 - 8 slot, they like you to turn up between 7 and 7.15. This allows them to manage their tables more efficiently.

If you, say turned up at 7.55, that will have left your table empty for nearly an hour and could possibly make service for the 8 - 9 pax slower than it should be.

However, you will (probably) still be seated and you can stay as long as you wish, I have never felt rushed to finish and leave.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 5:40 PM, gwesq said:

I could have misspoken - there were 3 time slots, 7-8, 8-9, and I just assume the 3rd I saw was 6-7. COuld have been 9-10

9-10 sounds more like it.

As mentioned, you don't need to show up right at 7 were you to book 7-8.  However, if you expect you will be something more along the lines of 7:30, it's good to let your butler or the Maitre d' know beforehand.  They are quite willing and typically able to accomodate you.