Windows Evening Buffet??

6travelers

Wondering if Windows  now has an evening/dinner buffet.  Enjoy a dinner buffet. Don’t care for dining room.  On our first cruise with Azamara on Quest, last October Windows was a la carte in the evenings.  Understand it was the beginning of Azamara cruising again and there were only 150 passengers so a dinner buffet would be wasteful. BUT hoping with increase in passenger numbers Windows will resume a dinner buffet.  Or maybe they never had one?  (Next cruise on Pursuit in October).   Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Edited by 6travelers

26 minutes ago, 6travelers said:

Wondering if Windows  now has an evening/dinner buffet.  Enjoy a dinner buffet. Don’t care for dining room.  On our first cruise with Azamara on Quest, last October Windows was a la carte in the evenings.  Understand it was the beginning of Azamara cruising again and there were only 150 passengers so a dinner buffet would be wasteful. BUT hoping with increase in passenger numbers Windows will resume a dinner buffet.  Or maybe they never had one?  (Next cruise on Pursuit in October).   Thank you in advance for your kind help.

Debarked Pursuit last week after 40 nts onboard.  Ala' carte @ Windows in the evening.

1 hour ago, audobon_tx said:

Debarked Pursuit last week after 40 nts onboard.  Ala' carte @ Windows in the evening.

Delighted to read this. It’s such a welcome change and I know it’s also drastically reduced food wastage onboard. Previously they had to replace items on the buffet every thirty minutes whether eaten or not. Now they can finish to order so fresher all round 

• Like 4

We found WIndows in the evening to be the biggest disappointment on the food front of our current Onward cruise.  Maybe we struck a particularly bad night, but we felt it had the stale and lukewarm food of the buffet, but lacked variety and the ability to see/pick out specific portions.  Yes, you had (slightly erratic) table service, but the actual food reminded me more of school cafeteria fare.  Breakfasts in Windows are fine, and I think lunch might be OK as well (we've mostly eaten lunch ashore or at the Patio), but I think they just haven't figured out how to make dinner work with low volume of guests.

Food has been great otherwise.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Xcelsior said:

Is the patio open for dinner?

which ship?

I've been on Journey and Quest this year and not open on either (but think Quest may have had it open when in the Caribbean)

58 minutes ago, Xcelsior said:

Does anyone have menus of what they offered at Windows in the evening?  Traveling solo, and was thinking that during the pandemic I would prefer to eat outside anyway.

When onboard Quest in Dec in the Caribbean, the menus in Windows were based on themes…….Caribbean, Indian, English, American, Asian, etc.  The menu is displayed outside windows and the food is plated and on display in windows and you can see what you will be getting.  It was easy to walk in and take a look and it would be easy to leave it you preferred something else.

And, yes, Patio was open on our cruise on Quest mid December for dinner….thankfully!  We ate out there quite a bit, both lunch and dinner.  We also did quite a few Windows dinner when we liked the menu and we wanted a more casual evening.

5 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

Does anyone have menus of what they offered at Windows in the evening?  Traveling solo, and was thinking that during the pandemic I would prefer to eat outside anyway.

I have eaten every evening  on the Windows restaurant. The weather was very nice and you could seat on the Sunset veranda, which is the extension of the Windows restaurant open air.

I do not have the menus but they are specials every night. It is a la carte, which I have liked because I do not like food being wasted or people touching the food. They display examples of the food for you to get an idea. An then you receive a menu and order a la carte. Imo a very good concept.

I did not like the food offered on the night with American theme. I would have preferred other items such as pork ribs , fried chicken, corn bread… But that is just subjective. Otherwise I was fine. 

Ivi

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Xcelsior said:

As others have mentioned, the menu is themed by various countries, and tends to have something like three hot appetizers, three cold appetizers, three mains from a specific region to choose from.    

12 hours ago, takemewithyou said:

yes, Patio was open on our cruise on Quest mid December for dinner….thankfully!  We ate out there quite a bit, both lunch and dinner.  We

The Patio wasn’t open for dinner during the Quest Christmas cruise 

On 5/31/2022 at 4:56 PM, curmudgeon98 said:

We found WIndows in the evening to be the biggest disappointment on the food front of our current Onward cruise.  Maybe we struck a particularly bad night, but we felt it had the stale and lukewarm food of the buffet, but lacked variety and the ability to see/pick out specific portions.  Yes, you had (slightly erratic) table service, but the actual food reminded me more of school cafeteria fare.  Breakfasts in Windows are fine, and I think lunch might be OK as well (we've mostly eaten lunch ashore or at the Patio), but I think they just haven't figured out how to make dinner work with low volume of guests.

Food has been great otherwise.  

Our lunches on Onward in the Windows buffet were absolutely fine and thoroughly enjoyed.

• Like 1

We eat low carb, so I asked for a slightly customised dinner order in Windows on British night: “Oh, could I have a couple of slices of the roast beef, some pheasant, and some green vegetables, but no potatoes, please?” It was just what I asked for, and very nice.

• Like 3