Diamond level question/ free upgrade.

We are both Diamond and are looking into maybe upgrading our stateroom to a higher category. If you have a Balcony is it possible to upgrade to Spa Balcony? is that allowed? I know you can't upgrade to the Haven but it does not say anything about the Spa Balcony. Thank you.

13 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

Not in our experience.  I would have loved a Spa Balcony!

Here is a link to a thread that shows what several of us experienced with our Diamond upgrades:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2824651-diamond-upgrade-successor-not/

thank you so much i had not seen that post.

Thanks for the post and the link as I had missed the other thread.

Will be looking into using the Diamond upgrade.  When booking a guaranty I generally have had the good luck of getting BB's.  What I'm reading here suggests one would be put in BF.  Still an upgrade from an Oceanview (or inside to ocvw, etc) but not the prime cabins.

Had read somewhere that as long as cruise is booked by end of 2022, it could be for next year, for example.  The T & B here say one year "from becoming a Diamond member."

Anyone with recent experience on that?

Was just on Escape and the Behind the Scenes, Officers Dinner, Wines around the World and new mixology wine Diamond event were not offered.  $50 OBC put on a/c instead (per cabin).

Happy sails.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snorklinbarb said:

Will be looking into using the Diamond upgrade.  When booking a guaranty I generally have had the good luck of getting BB's.  What I'm reading here suggests one would be put in BF.  Still an upgrade from an Oceanview (or inside to ocvw, etc) but not the prime cabins.

Had read somewhere that as long as cruise is booked by end of 2022, it could be for next year, for example.  The T & B here say one year "from becoming a Diamond member."

Was just on Escape and the Behind the Scenes, Officers Dinner, Wines around the World and new mixology wine Diamond event were not offered.  $50 OBC put on a/c instead (per cabin).

Happy sails.

We just upgraded to free to a Balcony guarantee for now. Well, not for free, Balcony is now cheaper than what we paid for ocean view so they just gave us the upgrade. I don't think is worth it for us to use our Diamond Upgrade. I read on another thread that someone upgraded to the mini suite i mean the Club Balcony using their free diamond upgrade option. 

29 minutes ago, spanishguy1970 said:

We just upgraded to free to a Balcony guarantee for now. Well, not for free, Balcony is now cheaper than what we paid for ocean view so they just gave us the upgrade. I don't think is worth it for us to use our Diamond Upgrade. I read on another thread that someone upgraded to the mini suite i mean the Club Balcony using their free diamond upgrade option. 

But if you now have a balcony cabin and have received that upgrade because of a pricedrop and not by using your Diamond upgrade, then you can certainly ask for the Diamond upgrade to a Club Balcony at this point..... 

Edited by TrumpyNor
  • Like 2

On 6/2/2022 at 5:57 PM, TrumpyNor said:

But if you now have a balcony cabin and have received that upgrade because of a pricedrop and not by using your Diamond upgrade, then you can certainly ask for the Diamond upgrade to a Club Balcony at this point..... 

Thank you, I just got the Diamond Upgrade to the Club Balcony suite on the NCL Escape. Deck 9. Is on a great location, mid ship, only thing i don't like is that is a connecting suite. We don't like connecting rooms, C'est la vie. We may end up bidding for either Spa Balcony or Higher. We will see. I used the latitude email, they responded within 2 days.

Edited by spanishguy1970
  • Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 3:41 PM, snorklinbarb said:

Happy sails.

You have one year to arrange the upgrade. The cruise itself can be later. We used mine for a cruise in spring 2024.