Genoa Airport /Ryanair

Bestbubba

We thought we’d never fly Ryanair til we had no choice last year when our Aer Lingus flights, booked through MSC, were swapped out.   Well, we were very pleasantly surprised by our experience and would have no hesitation flying with them again. 

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

We thought we’d never fly Ryanair til we had no choice last year when our Aer Lingus flights, booked through MSC, were swapped out.   Well, we were very pleasantly surprised by our experience and would have no hesitation flying with them again. 

Hello Beamafar! I remember what a great help you were when we booked our first MSC cruise pre covid, I was hoping you'd see my post😊

Many thanks for your prompt and positive reply. 

Sue 

Hi Sue.  Thank you for your kind words.  Which TA are you considering.  We have one on Europa ending at Genoa, too.   Hoping Ryanair will be flying to Dublin then. 

Bea

Edited by Beamafar

40 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Hi Sue.  Thank you for your kind words.  Which TA are you considering.  We have one on Europa ending at Genoa, too.   Hoping Ryanair will be flying to Dublin then. 

Bea

Hi Bea 

I'd love to try Europa, looks amazing. We're on Divina, looking on it as a nice way to come home after visiting our children in the USA. 

Sue 

1 minute ago, Bestbubba said:

Hi Bea 

I'd love to try Europa, looks amazing. We're on Divina, looking on it as a nice way to come home after visiting our children in the USA. 

Sue 

That would certainly be a lovely way to travel home.  😁   Divina is a great ship, too.  I love the Fantasia-class ships. 

Cheap European airlines usually have strict, severe luggage rules - even for carryons. I’d check to make sure you can abide by those.  Ryanair has been around for a while now; certainly it can’t be that bad?

If you want a different option, I’d there a train that can easily get you to a bigger airport nearby?

• Like 1

Ryanair was in the news for not so nice news back in the day. Now that, basically, there isn't much difference between them and the old line mainstream lines and Ryanair themselves have by the most part to become somewhat more civilian both in what to labour relations and in pax rights give respect, I believe that as far as the experience goes they're pretty much similar to any other airline. Sadly luggage weight rules are becoming increasingly more restrict elsewhere. Unless you're part of one of the mainstream lines top fidelity membership schemes or you're fortunate enough to have an Executive class ticket, expect very strict luggage rules elsewhere.

As others have said; Genoa has a very small airport. Ryanair is the largest airline there. Convenient? Sure! But you might have better options and prices from Milano, for example. MSC provides a dedicated shuttle using their own bus company from Genoa to Milano. Or you might catch a train. Either way, you'll have better options, better priced, perhaps the decreased flight price will more than likely to pay for the bus or train ride.

One thing to watch with Ryanair is the seats, if you do not pay extra for a seat selection they will choose your seats for you which you may think does not really matter but I 100% guarantee your party will be spread all over the aircraft, they make sure you don't sit together if you don't pay to do so.

• Like 1