EMed you don't actually need 2 tests per person right?

I am like 99.9999% positive we are fine but wanted to check. If we got a 6 pack of tests for 4 people we should be good correct? I know they suggest 2 tests per person but its not required to take it from my understanding its only in case one of the tests is "bad" or doesn't have all the stuff inside of it.

We have taken the Abbott style tests a bunch of times including 2x at a cruise port with no issues ever. So I feel safe in following the process (and watching youtube videos of people doing it before hand).

You should be more than good to go. 

It's anecdotal, but it's been a long time since I've heard stories about busted boxes, dry bottles, etc.  In fact, Abbot changed the liquid bottles to molded ones that are far less likely to leak.  These days, if I hear a story about a failed or inconclusive test, it's because of user error (someone dropped the card or something like that).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DCPIV said:

It's anecdotal, but it's been a long time since I've heard stories about busted boxes, dry bottles, etc.  In fact, Abbot changed the liquid bottles to molded ones that are far less likely to leak.  These days, if I hear a story about a failed or inconclusive test, it's because of user error (someone dropped the card or something like that).

Thats my thought.

As a family we probably have taken around 50-60 of the Abbott tests (just not the AG one) in the last year with no issues.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

I'm 0 for 2 for the Emed tests.  1st one last September was inconclusive, but I couldn't quite understand why the lady kept calling my test inconclusive.  She said there's supposed to be a pink line, and there was a pink line on the control line.  Gave the 2nd one to my friend, which she used and got a negative result.

Emed sent me a replacement test.

2nd test in December, it had an empty solution bottle.

Emed never got back to me about this defective kit.

Hopefully, they've gotten better since then, but now i prefer to go to a clinic to do it then pay out of pocket for these tests due to my own personal experience.

Having backups is always best.

22 hours ago, helen haywood said:

No, you are not required to take two tests per person.  It’s just a suggested backup in case a test is damaged or you drop the swab or card when taking the test…the proctor will not let you continue with that test.

Yes. I received a defective test kit -- which you won't know in advance, because if the seal is broken eMed won't certify it, either -- and didn't have a backup. The test worked but the defect kept them from certifying it. They are sending me a replacement test kit (at home). 

I ended up having two more tests, one at a pharmacy in Athens, where the result is loaded to a Greece PLF (which I had to register for) but that result isn't accessible for travel to the U.S., and another in the airport.