Is CCL doing priority debark at the ports-of-call anymore?

Eli_6

Are they doing priority debark at ANY of the ports for suites or platinum/diamond? 

I thought they were and chartered a fishing boat at one of our ports on our recent Alaskan cruise assuming we could be one of the first off the boat.  Well, we went down to floor 0 (where we had previously debarked) and sat there for 20 minutes only to eventually be told they were debarking from floor 2. By then, the line was considerable and there wasn't a priority line. I was looking at booking a private tour that isn't offered by the cruise line in one of our ports of call (Belfast) in July and I don't want to make the same mistake again and have expensive time eaten up by us just trying to get off the boat.  I have to admit that one of the reasons we pay extra for a suite is so that we can fully utilize the time we have on vacation as a family and not have the added stress of standing in long lines with impatient, complaining children.  If this has been taken away (along with the "priority" line and waiting area on initial boarding), it makes me seriously second guess spending the additional money for a suite.  And I will admit that as someone who has been looking forward to the benefits associated with platinum for a really long time and has chosen to book with Carnival on family cruises specifically to get us closer to having those benefits, I am not going to be very happy if they take this away right when we are finally about to reach it.  I understand better than anyone the consequences of Covid as my husband is a physician and both my brother are sister-in-law are frontline healthcare workers.  But I am starting to feel like these are cost-saving measures rather than measures to combat the pandemic.  

I believe they are... I don't take advantage of it myself so my recollection is a little fuzzy. On my last cruise, in Belize I want to say a letter was left in my stateroom that explained the time and meeting place for diamonds/platinums to meet for priority water shuttles. Reading the memos that are left in your stateroom is a very important skill to have on a cruise if you don't want to miss out on things.

I could be wrong but dont people who booked carnival excursions have top priority. You would be behind anyone on a carnival excursion. 

We had a tender in Belize and first tender filled up with those who booked carnival. Then loyalty kicks in. 

Here's the rub, and a technical difference that may matter to you.

• Suites get priority boarding, but not priority debarkation at ports.
  • Plat/dia get early online check-in and priority debark at ports.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3593/~/suite-amenities-and-perks

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding / Priority Debark at Ports of Call with Arrivals Later than 9:30am
Guests can take advantage of priority water shuttle service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so they can explore ashore as quickly as they want to. For ports where we do not use a water shuttle, to make debarkation as smooth as possible, we also offer priority debark at ports of call with arrivals later than 9:30am.

Edited by cruisingguy007
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, bgrmini said:

I believe they are... I don't take advantage of it myself so my recollection is a little fuzzy. On my last cruise, in Belize I want to say a letter was left in my stateroom that explained the time and meeting place for diamonds/platinums to meet for priority water shuttles. Reading the memos that are left in your stateroom is a very important skill to have on a cruise if you don't want to miss out on things.

I read all of the letters left in my stateroom. There was not one about priority debark at ports of call. 

50 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

This explains it then.  Thanks for posting.  

13 minutes ago, cruisingguy007 said:

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3593/~/suite-amenities-and-perks

Priority Water Shuttle Boarding / Priority Debark at Ports of Call with Arrivals Later than 9:30am
Guests can take advantage of priority water shuttle service from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so they can explore ashore as quickly as they want to. For ports where we do not use a water shuttle, to make debarkation as smooth as possible, we also offer priority debark at ports of call with arrivals later than 9:30am.

Thank you for posting. This answers my question because we will be getting in to Belfast earlier than 9:30 so I will take note that there will be no priority debark.