Told by Azamara proctored tests not acceptable

emerald6273

I just clarified accepted Covid testing procedures with Azamara. In relation to a medically supervised Antigen Covid test by skype/video call prior to cruise,  this method is not accepted by Azamara. A supervisor also confirmed what the customer service agent told me. She stated a proctored video call test is not accepted as it's classed as a self test and the swabbing process hasn't been physically completed by a medical professional. Disappointed with this as sailed with Princess 3 times recently who clearly state on their website proctored video tests are accepted. 

• Like 1

My experience with AZ customer service is that they have no idea what’s really happening in the real world out there.  I’ve had them tell me the same thing, but several people have reported using them with no issues to board.  

There’s another thread on this.  Check it out. 

• Like 2

They also haven't watched a "medically proctored test" lately:  at CVS, they hand you the swab and let you probe your own nose.  How is that different from the tech on the video call watching you do it?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, emerald6273 said:

I just clarified accepted Covid testing procedures with Azamara. In relation to a medically supervised Antigen Covid test by skype/video call prior to cruise,  this method is not accepted by Azamara. A supervisor also confirmed what the customer service agent told me. She stated a proctored video call test is not accepted as it's classed as a self test and the swabbing process hasn't been physically completed by a medical professional. Disappointed with this as sailed with Princess 3 times recently who clearly state on their website proctored video tests are accepted. 

Not what has been acceptable at boarding. Call back again you will get a different answer!  This is something Azamara haven’t got their act together on! 😀

• Like 2

We sailed on the Onward maiden voyage, boarding in Monte Carlo.  We boarded on a Monday, had a PCR test done at CVS before we left.

the person who checked our proof on our phones was an outside contractor, not a member of the Azamara crew.   I’m not sure they even knew what they were looking at.

• Like 1

Correct me if I am wrong, the requirement is the negative result certificate which would be sent by email. 
Whether one takes a video supervised test or an in person test a certificate is issued and that is the requirement. 

• Like 3