Thermal Suite Pass Question

jlnprt

We are going on a two-week cruise on the Oosterdam later this month. When looking to purchase a thermal suite pass, it lists a 7-day pass and no other options. It's a port-intensive cruise, so having the option to just pick the first or second week would be great, but I don't really think that's what that means. Has anyone else had this happen on their cruise? Thanks!

I'd buy the 7 day pass on the web before cruising....Why?

• The last two cruises on HAL  (October & December 2021), the price was cheaper than when onboard (learned this from cruise critic)

I also read on cruise critic (so understand the source) that if the price is less once onboard, HAL will make it right (never experienced that because price was more onboard)

On our Princess cruise (owned by the same peeps) in March, they only sold a 7 day pass pre-cruise for a 14 day cruise....and when onboard, they gave us the pass and it worked for all 14 days. (Me thinks "the system" is possibly only set up for 7 day hydro suite???)

If you know you want the hydro suites (which is a requirement for us on lots of sea day cruises), I would pre-purchase because I think the downside is low. 

Have fun!

Hi there,

I just took a look at our booked cruise for next year.  It is a 16 day cruise.

Looking at the Detail overview for the Thermal Suite is states "Pass valid for the entire duration of cruise. ".

So my "assumption" is the 7 Day is just the title but you would buy it for the duration of the cruise.

Just my thoughts 🙂

I am so glad I read this!!!  The "fine print" does, in fact, state that this pass is for the entire duration of the cruise...  Yeah!!!  I have been watching the price of the Thermal Suite pass since we booked our 14 day Rotterdam cruise, waiting to see if they ever added a Couple's pass.  Just bought this for both of us and printed the "details" in case there is a dispute when checking in at the Spa.  Thanks to all of you posting in this thread!!!  

image.png.4a2021383c0958bc70361d765bfe9954.png

I went ahead and purchased the "7 day pass." Thanks for the suggestion about printing the details. For our past few cruises, the pass was cheaper if purchased pre-cruise. For our 2 week cruise in Jan/Feb 2022, the two week pass was more than what is listed for our upcoming 2 week cruise. Guess I'll find out when I board!

Thanks for pointing out the details!  I just purchased the passes for my husband and myself for the duration of our 15 night Rotterdam TA in October.  I also printed out the details.  I'm so excited!

• 2 weeks later...

I just rechecked the price for the Thermalsuite on our upcoming Rotterdam cruise -- and it has doubled since I purchased our passes several weeks ago at half the price listed today on their website ($149 vs. $299).  The current listing shows that the pass is for 14 days -- the original listing showed the pass was for 7 days -- both, however, say the pass is good for the duration of the cruise.  Hmmmm...  Wondering what to expect when we visit the Spa on day one to get our passes.  

32 minutes ago, fkfad said:

I just rechecked the price for the Thermalsuite on our upcoming Rotterdam cruise -- and it has doubled since I purchased our passes several weeks ago at half the price listed today on their website ($149 vs. $299).  The current listing shows that the pass is for 14 days -- the original listing showed the pass was for 7 days -- both, however, say the pass is good for the duration of the cruise.  Hmmmm...  Wondering what to expect when we visit the Spa on day one to get our passes.  

When is your cruise?  If you don't mind posting an update on what happens when you get your pass that would be appreciated.  Thanks,

• Like 1

On 6/9/2022 at 2:26 PM, Taters said:

Thanks for pointing out the details!  I just purchased the passes for my husband and myself for the duration of our 15 night Rotterdam TA in October.  I also printed out the details.  I'm so excited!

Was there a couples pass option listed, or did you purchase two individual ones?  Thank you.

There was no Couples Pass offered -- only individual passes...  On our previous cruise, we were able to purchase a Couples Pass.  Based on information from other passengers, the Couples Pass is no longer an option.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Was there a couples pass option listed, or did you purchase two individual ones?  Thank you.

I purchased individual passes for myself and my husband.  No couples pass was offered.

• Thanks 1