Odyssey Civitavecchia Disembarkation Times???

Not sure where to ask this question since it’s specific to the Odyssey, but here goes: Trying to book train tickets for our upcoming cruise. We’re doing a private transfer from Rome to the ship, but will be taking the train back to Rome after the cruise. If we are self-carry, what time can we expect to be allowed to disembark? I know there’s an FB train at 9:16 and 11:16 and regional trains in between which take longer. Would we be able to make the 9:16 train? Thanks

Odyssey out of Civitavecchia...walk off starts at approximately 6:30am.  Yes, you can easily make the 9:16am train.

* What are your plans to get from the ship to the train station?

41 minutes ago, maryland said:

Not sure where to ask this question since it’s specific to the Odyssey, but here goes: Trying to book train tickets for our upcoming cruise. We’re doing a private transfer from Rome to the ship, but will be taking the train back to Rome after the cruise. If we are self-carry, what time can we expect to be allowed to disembark? I know there’s an FB train at 9:16 and 11:16 and regional trains in between which take longer. Would we be able to make the 9:16 train? Thanks

There’s no need for a private transfer to the train station. There’s a shuttle for I think 3 euros that was there when we disembarked, and others kept coming in the terminal.

we booked the 11 something train to Pisa/Lucca and had plenty of time. I think we got off the ship around 9.

A note of warning that the trains in Italy go on strike very frequently, in fact ours from Lucca to Rome was cancelled at the last minute because they went on strike and we had to take a private car to get there.

Thank you everyone for the great info - so excited for our trip!!

lovesthebeach2 - we're taking a private transfer from Rome to the ship

bonsai3s - we're planning on the taking the port shuttle to the train station.

3 minutes ago, maryland said:

Thank you everyone for the great info - so excited for our trip!!

lovesthebeach2 - we're taking a private transfer from Rome to the ship

bonsai3s - we're planning on the taking the port shuttle to the train station.

Which port shuttle?

* There are 2 types: the free shuttle and the 3Euro shuttle.  We highly recommend taking the 3Euro shuttle because it takes you directly from the ship to the train station.

54 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Which port shuttle?

* There are 2 types: the free shuttle and the 3Euro shuttle.  We highly recommend taking the 3Euro shuttle because it takes you directly from the ship to the train station.

I don't believe the 3 Euro shuttle departs from the ship.  You have to take the Free port shuttle from the pier to the port entrance, then pay and hop on the 3 Euro shuttle to the train station.    At least that's how it was last time there.

2 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

I don't believe the 3 Euro shuttle departs from the ship.  You have to take the Free port shuttle from the pier to the port entrance, then pay and hop on the 3 Euro shuttle to the train station.    At least that's how it was last time there.

It's changed very recently, making it a much more convenient option now.

26 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It's changed very recently, making it a much more convenient option now.

That's good to know, especially since we normally rent a car from Hertz and would have to take two shuttles.  Now we can just take one directly to the Station.  👍

4 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

You are providing incorrect information. We were there 2 weeks ago.

45 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

You are providing incorrect information. We were there 2 weeks ago.

I think I said that in the post right before yours.  Did you read it?  It was 3 hours before your current post.😉

We are going on the OOS from Rome. Doing a pre cruise trip into Rome, and going home to the US right after the cruise. Can we make a 11:00 departure from FCO? I know it's about an hour drive by private transfer. Thanks