Kitchen Classes

ruready

First time we signed up for a class the chef came to our table and canceled it. Next cruise my husband booked the smoke class. They didn't smoke anything. I took the cupcake decorating. They did not teach us anything. They had us mix ingredients for the batter and pour it pans. Then they had us mix frosting. Then they said decorate..... My hope was to learn how to decorate, not just do my own thing. We would not do them again. 

I am not expecting any in-depth learning from these classes given the low cost.  Basic run of the mill cooking classes range between $125-$200 where I live.  I just want to spend some quality time with my family, with no technological interruptions, lol!

Yes. The cost is pretty low.  Sea day activities get boring and repetitive after many cruises.  I feel like it will be better to spend time doing this than playing BINGO for example. I wish Carnival would expand on the options.  Maybe some enrichment activities. 

On 6/9/2022 at 2:33 PM, cruisinqt said:

Yes they are available online. Just go into your planner and click on specialty dining. You should be able to book classes from there. 

It may not be offered on the Horizon or, somehow, I am missing it.  When I click on the Specialty Dining, all it shows are the 6 options of pay restaurants.  No kitchen classes.  I was looking forward to seeing what they had.  

9 hours ago, TerReuv said:

It may not be offered on the Horizon or, somehow, I am missing it.  When I click on the Specialty Dining, all it shows are the 6 options of pay restaurants.  No kitchen classes.  I was looking forward to seeing what they had.  

Hmm…maybe you’re right. Because when I click on Specialty dining the classes all pop up for my cruise that’s about 6 weeks away. Of course there were tons more classes and now there’s only 2 or 3 left because they were all filled up. Either your ship doesn’t offer it, or they offered a few classes and they sold out online, or if your cruise is way out like next year then maybe they haven’t offered any of the classes yet. I know when I first booked my cruise the classes weren’t there. They showed up about 3 months before the cruise. 

On 6/20/2022 at 3:42 AM, cruisinqt said:

Hmm…maybe you’re right. Because when I click on Specialty dining the classes all pop up for my cruise that’s about 6 weeks away. Of course there were tons more classes and now there’s only 2 or 3 left because they were all filled up. Either your ship doesn’t offer it, or they offered a few classes and they sold out online, or if your cruise is way out like next year then maybe they haven’t offered any of the classes yet. I know when I first booked my cruise the classes weren’t there. They showed up about 3 months before the cruise. 

I did some more research and it isn't on the Horizon.  Bummed for sure.  I would have loved to go to some of those classes.  Thanks!

3 hours ago, TerReuv said:

I did some more research and it isn't on the Horizon.  Bummed for sure.  I would have loved to go to some of those classes.  Thanks!

No problem. I’ll do a thorough review of the classes after our cruise in July. That way people will have a better idea of what to expect and can figure out if it’s for them or not. 

• Like 1

I am dying to take one of these classes, I love to cook. I am booked on Panorama next year but there’s nothing listed, I hope they just post those closer to the sailing date. Looking forward to any reviews anyone does on the classes!

6 minutes ago, DiKaiDance said:

I am dying to take one of these classes, I love to cook. I am booked on Panorama next year but there’s nothing listed, I hope they just post those closer to the sailing date. Looking forward to any reviews anyone does on the classes!

I am on the Panorama in September and there are 9 classes listed. I booked this cruise in May and the classes were listed when I booked. I plan on trying one…just haven’t decided which one yet. Will report back 

We are on the Panorama Sep 3rd. We booked the pasta class. From the time we first looked at cooking classes to when we decided to book it, one of the options no longer showed up. I think it was the pizza class but I may be mistaken.