OnPoint COVID Testing?

Has anyone used OnPoint testing for cruising with NCL??

Seems to operate like eMed - monitored testing and an official result that you can give to the cruise line - but you use one of your test at home kits. Has a very reasonable fee.

FAQ’s say it qualifies for anywhere that accepts an Antigen test.

285859599_10224068464796780_4695398152258043777_n.jpg

5 hours ago, happy cruzin said:
Has anyone used OnPoint testing for cruising with NCL??

I saw that and plan to use it before my October cruise.  Can't beat the cost and you can use your own test kit.

I just pulled this off of the NCL web site.  They currently only accept test results from (Inspired, Emed, BioRefrence & any local PCR testing facility)

Universal testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

*Rules apply for all guest above the age of 2

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, the following testing requirements would apply:

• All guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test:
    • Within 2 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a U.S. port
    • Within 3 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a non-U.S. port
    • If embarking from a Canadian port, antigen test is required within 2 days prior to embarkation date, or 3 days prior for NAAT test (I.e. PCR)
    • Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results.

North American Itineraries:

In order to facilitate, Norwegian has partnered with Inspired Diagnostics lab to ensure that guests have access to a quick, efficient and easy way to access the required FDA-approved proctored in-home antigen test prior to embarkation from the comfort of their own home. Inspired Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services. Testing at home is safe, simple, and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits is simple.

• Receive the test kit(s) by UPS
    • Schedule an on-line proctoring consultation
    • Receive certified results via email

For all sailings, guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional pre-embarkation testing at the terminal. On select sailings where local government or health authorities may require guests to partake in additional COVID-19 testing on embarkation day, NCL will provide this testing free of charge at the terminal. This would be in addition to NCL’s pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing requirements listed above. Please refer to Cruise Travel Requirements by Country for country specific requirements.

All unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.

Additionally, unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canada port will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line, as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.

Other available pre-embarkation testing services:

Additionally, the following services offer a verified third party or medically supervised at home testing: eMed or BioReference-Scarlett Concierge testing service – BioReference sends a trained Scarlet Health Professional to your home to collect your COVID-19 test specimen.

Locate a Covid-19 Testing Provider Prior to Your Cruise:

Should you need to locate a testing provider prior to beginning travel or while traveling prior to your cruise, please visit TestForTravel.com, an easy-to-use online tool for locating COVID-19 testing providers around the world. Simply enter your zip code, or city and country, and the website will display locations, contact information, and testing hours. It also allows you to search by test type – PCR or Antigen.

Leaving on Greek Island cruise on NCL Gem Jun 19th. Fly out on the 17th. I set up an appointment with AZOVA on the evening of the 16th for myself and DW. I Chatted with NCL Rep to ask if AZOVA was ok to use and was told that if it is a supervised test it is ok. You select the test kit you have and schedule a time. $20. I have read on Cruise Critic other posters saying to stay away from OnPoint. (I have no experience with either yet.) I will see how it goes and maybe schedule a test when returning home.

13 minutes ago, Cowboy296 said:

Leaving on Greek Island cruise on NCL Gem Jun 19th. Fly out on the 17th. I set up an appointment with AZOVA on the evening of the 16th for myself and DW. I Chatted with NCL Rep to ask if AZOVA was ok to use and was told that if it is a supervised test it is ok. You select the test kit you have and schedule a time. $20. I have read on Cruise Critic other posters saying to stay away from OnPoint. (I have no experience with either yet.) I will see how it goes and maybe schedule a test when returning home.

If its NOT in writing, I don't believe NCL CS. As they gave me wrong info about the Dining plan.  And that's a  small issue compared to taking a mandatory test to get onboard. Good Luck...

2 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

They currently only accept test results from (Inspired, Emed, BioRefrence & any local PCR testing facility)

It doesn't say they only accept test results from those companies. Those are merely examples...at the very most recommendations...not requirements. The only requirement is that the test results are properly supervised and documented.

NCL's documentation of the process is so good that they didn't even get the name of the company they've partnered with right. The name of the company is Inspire Diagnostics, not Inspired Diagnostics . Fortunately they got the company's URL right but that's because they just had to copy and paste it from their web page. 

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I would just want some assurance that NCL would consider them an "approved" testing activity.

They don't have "approved" testing facilities. They have a couple of examples of companies that meet their requirements but they are just that...examples. Any facility that produces the appropriate documentation is acceptable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, njhorseman said:

They don't have "approved" testing facilities. They have a couple of examples of companies that meet their requirements but they are just that...examples. Any facility that produces the appropriate documentation is acceptable.

When I said that I would want some assurance, I meant that I wanted more than some poster on the internet who says so.  Maybe if we had multiple reports of folks using that service and being allowed to board NCL ships.  Otherwise, I will stick with what I know works (CVS in person with eMed as a backup).

9 hours ago, pokerguy90 said:

I just pulled this off of the NCL web site.  They currently only accept test results from (Inspired, Emed, BioRefrence & any local PCR testing facility)

Universal testing & Pre-Embarkation Protocols

*Rules apply for all guest above the age of 2

Unless otherwise stipulated by local regulations (Cruise Travel Requirements by Country) that would supersede our policy, at time of check-in, the following testing requirements would apply:

• All guests above the age of 2 will be required to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen or NAAT test (I.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party or via medically supervised home test:
    • Within 2 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a U.S. port
    • Within 3 days prior to embarkation date for cruises departing from a non-U.S. port
    • If embarking from a Canadian port, antigen test is required within 2 days prior to embarkation date, or 3 days prior for NAAT test (I.e. PCR)
    • Guests must bring digital or printed proof of negative test results.

North American Itineraries:

In order to facilitate, Norwegian has partnered with Inspired Diagnostics lab to ensure that guests have access to a quick, efficient and easy way to access the required FDA-approved proctored in-home antigen test prior to embarkation from the comfort of their own home. Inspired Diagnostics is a subsidiary of Inspire Health Alliance, a leader in best-in-class health services. Testing at home is safe, simple, and convenient. Purchasing in-home testing kits is simple.

• Receive the test kit(s) by UPS
    • Schedule an on-line proctoring consultation
    • Receive certified results via email

For all sailings, guests are also responsible for complying with all local health and safety requirements which may include additional pre-embarkation testing at the terminal. On select sailings where local government or health authorities may require guests to partake in additional COVID-19 testing on embarkation day, NCL will provide this testing free of charge at the terminal. This would be in addition to NCL’s pre-embarkation COVID-19 testing requirements listed above. Please refer to Cruise Travel Requirements by Country for country specific requirements.

All unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 will be required to bring proof of a negative NAAT test (i.e. PCR) result administered by a verified third party within three days prior to embarkation date. Failure to comply will result in denial of boarding.

Additionally, unvaccinated guests ages 2 through 11 on sailings from or to a U.S. or Canada port will be subject to additional testing at embarkation and disembarkation administered and paid for by the cruise line, as part of the U.S Centers for Disease Control (CDC) Voluntary COVID-19 Program for Cruise Ships Operating in U.S. Waters.

Other available pre-embarkation testing services:

Additionally, the following services offer a verified third party or medically supervised at home testing: eMed or BioReference-Scarlett Concierge testing service – BioReference sends a trained Scarlet Health Professional to your home to collect your COVID-19 test specimen.

Locate a Covid-19 Testing Provider Prior to Your Cruise:

Should you need to locate a testing provider prior to beginning travel or while traveling prior to your cruise, please visit TestForTravel.com, an easy-to-use online tool for locating COVID-19 testing providers around the world. Simply enter your zip code, or city and country, and the website will display locations, contact information, and testing hours. It also allows you to search by test type – PCR or Antigen.

Where does it say that?  I know it lists "Other available pre-embarkation testing services" but I don't read that list as exclusive or exhaustive.