Personal TA or Princess TA

Peachestravels

Sorry if this has been asked, but so many forums. I would like advice on which route to go. I have a private TA who helps book our cruises but she retired. Today, Princess Cruises called with their TA. Should I find a new private TA or try out one from Princess? Can I trust them with my travel Plans? Please help. 

I find that private TA usually will give a bit of onboard credit.

I think for us being able to reach a TA when I want (for the most part) I prefer booking with the  cruise line.  We just cancelled with our private TA and booked with Princess direct because she would never answer our emails until we sent an email to customer service.  Maybe we just haven’t found the right one yet.

Keep in mind that Princess does not have travel agents.  If you book with Princess they are order takers.  Some people love doing it this way.  If anything goes wrong while traveling (airline problem, etc) they can't help you but a travel agent might be able to do so.

If you use a TA they might be able to offer some discount off Princess' price and/or offer OBC.  Princess people can only offer what Princess allows them to.  If you have questions about your booking and booked with Princess you can call them.  If booked with a TA you go through the TA.  That is not a bad thing.  I have read on here of people who waited on hold with Princess for hours.  A TA can do that for you.

These are just some things to think about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dickinson said:

Keep in mind that Princess does not have travel agents.  If you book with Princess they are order takers.  Some people love doing it this way.  If anything goes wrong while traveling (airline problem, etc) they can't help you but a travel agent might be able to do so.

If you use a TA they might be able to offer some discount off Princess' price and/or offer OBC.  Princess people can only offer what Princess allows them to.  If you have questions about your booking and booked with Princess you can call them.  If booked with a TA you go through the TA.  That is not a bad thing.  I have read on here of people who waited on hold with Princess for hours.  A TA can do that for you.

These are just some things to think about.

as is:

will TA refare after final?

will TA forward upgrade offers, MOVEOVER offers on a TIMELY basis?

anser coming:  "our TA is the greatest" - 8-12% discount - not OBC

• Like 1

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

as is:

will TA refare after final?

will TA forward upgrade offers, MOVEOVER offers on a TIMELY basis?

anser coming:  "our TA is the greatest" - 8-12% discount - not OBC

8 to 12% discount plus OBC (always).  Also, yes on the upgrade offers on a very timely basis but I have also received them directly from Princess.  Have never had a move over offer.

I guess it pay to have the right TA.😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, msmoger said:

You certainly seem to thrive on cynicism 😂😁

I've had 2 moveover offers booking directly with Princess - One I jumped on immediately - from a 5 day on Crown to a 7 day on REGAL - leaving the next Sunday after our scheduled cruise - very fortunate we were able to do that - 7 day was 'free' and 100% of 5 day fare was applied as REFUNDABLE OBC - Princess picked up the additional 2 days of all charges ( except, drink package - no problem )

8 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I've had 2 moveover offers booking directly with Princess - One I jumped on immediately - from a 5 day on Crown to a 7 day on REGAL - leaving the next Sunday after our scheduled cruise - very fortunate we were able to do that - 7 day was 'free' and 100% of 5 day fare was applied as REFUNDABLE OBC - Princess picked up the additional 2 days of all charges ( except, drink package - no problem )

Awesome!

Did you book online or with a PCL CVP?

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

Awesome!

Did you book online or with a PCL CVP?

that was online ... it was a sequence of 'events' that involved the original OM bookings on the REGAL - we weren't one of the "chosen" cabins that got to experience it - so we cancelled a 2 day and a 4 day B2B  - transferred to a 5 day western on CROWN - then got the moveover offer back to REGAL - still not in an OM cabin but ...

also got an UPSELL on another cruise on CB, from a balcony to a PH suite that we took - little 4 day that was the first cruise after the CB "wetdock" in 2019

so I am 'very' biased' about controlling and getting notifications about our "little" cruises - longer cruises - 14 day+ would/might be totally different - every situation is prolly 

• Like 1