Are masks currently required on MSC European sailings?

Stockjock

3 hours ago, kernow said:

They are not required for cruises out of Southampton don't know about other embarkation ports. Where are you looking at?

It leaves out of Copenhagen. My main concern is whether you have to wear the masks on the ship it sounds like you do not.

11 hours ago, Stockjock said:

We'd be leaving out of northern Europe this summer.  Unsure of the current masking policy.

As per the Portuguese MSC website variation (they have one per market, bear that in mind...), masks are not mandatory onboard, unless on areas where the law specifically states that. So, for example: If your cruise departs from, or calls, Lisbon, you'll need to use them on public areas till the ship is in international areas, once they're mandatory here for public transportation, including taxis, uber, buses, trains, planes or ships. Now, if you depart from or call Southampton you may not need them apart the port itself. So, I'd say: Try to search online for what the rules are port by port for your ports of call. I imagine they'll also have that info on the dailies as well or at shore excursion desks as well.

We left from Southampton at the beginning of May and went down and around the canaries stopping Portugal and mainland Spain. Nearly everyone on the ship didn't wear a mask while at sea or onboard the ship in any of the ports. There were few people who did and the staff had their masks on the whole time. The only time we were required to wear a mask was when we entered the terminals and on the tour bus or public transport.

• Like 1

Just off the Seaview out of Italy.  Masks not required.  We boarded with one, but it certainly was not enforced.  Once onboard, we ditched the masks-no one was wearing them.  Even many of the staff had them around their chins, or completely off when no one was nearby.  I was actually surprised by the lack of mask wearers after reading feedback on the CC forums.  

Also virtually no one wears masks in Italy any longer, even in places where they are required.

• Like 1