FCC - can it be transferred?

oracer

We have 6 different FCC at 3 different amounts ranging from $500 to $1100.  We have one year by 8/13/2023 to use.  Can we transfer this to just one or two family or does each individual have to book a cruise?

Aren't FCCs just wonderful to work with?  The FCC that was issued is for the individual that was credited due to a previous hiccup with a cruise that was likely   cancelled.   These sound like partial FCCs and cannot be transferred.  They must be used by the individual that they were credited to on a upcoming or yet to be booked reservation or they will be lost.  And of course, they can only be used for certain items.  I managed to use mine up on cruise fares, daily service charges and excursions.  

Curious as well, my FCC is from a one time price drop (after final payment) on 2 cabins I booked and paid for.  They gave the FCC to each family member but I want to transfer my kids FCC to me and my husband who paid for the cruise.

Edited by disneylover89

I used FCC from both my husband and myself to pay for a future cruise - no need to book two separate cruises to be able to use them. But the persons who has the FCC to his/her names, and  who's FCC should pay for parts of the cruise fare, needs to be travelling. If you are two persons who have the six FCC amounts between the two of you, then yes; you can use all of the FCC to pay for only one cruise as long as you both are travelling together. 

I agree you can transfer FCC to another person.  A couple of caveats:  if it is the "bonus" that was given because a cruise was cancelled, that cannot be moved.  However, we had paid for our 4 adult children to cruise with us, moved several times because of continuing cancellations.  Eventually, moved the FCC to us and we have applied to a single cruise (even though it was from multiple initial cruises).  Could not move the bonus amounts, but the FCC that we paid could be moved to another person.  The person who "owns" the FCC has to request that the FCC be moved to you...there is a form on the NCL site to accomplish.  Make sure you do a screen shot of the person's NCL account, as it has information that makes the move smoother!  You need everyone's NCL latitudes numbers, also.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

I agree you can transfer FCC to another person.  A couple of caveats:  if it is the "bonus" that was given because a cruise was cancelled, that cannot be moved.  However, we had paid for our 4 adult children to cruise with us, moved several times because of continuing cancellations.  Eventually, moved the FCC to us and we have applied to a single cruise (even though it was from multiple initial cruises).  Could not move the bonus amounts, but the FCC that we paid could be moved to another person.  The person who "owns" the FCC has to request that the FCC be moved to you...there is a form on the NCL site to accomplish.  Make sure you do a screen shot of the person's NCL account, as it has information that makes the move smoother!  You need everyone's NCL latitudes numbers, also.

Like this answer. Yes this was FCC that we received because our cruise fare paid went down significantly so as a Good Will the gave us FCC. I paid for all Six cruises. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/14/2022 at 2:24 PM, oracer said:

Like this answer. Yes this was FCC that we received because our cruise fare paid went down significantly so as a Good Will the gave us FCC. I paid for all Six cruises. 

Were you able to transfer the FCC from the date drop?

On 8/29/2022 at 12:50 PM, hfxdeb said:

We were in a similar situation and had our adult kids request the FCC be transferred to us. It is supposed to take 7 business days according to the NCL web site but has been 4 weeks so far.

Did that transfer ever go through for you to use?

Eventually the FCC transfers came through and by combining all of them we were able to go on an Alaska cruise for not too much $ (we booked an inside and bid the minimum for an upgrade to a balcony and got it by the way).