Captain's Club Points - Quick Solo Traveler Question

seacruise9

Hi, 

I know that solo travelers usually receive double the number of Captain's Club points. For example, I cruised aboard the Celebrity Apex on a seven-day cruise in April 2022 in a Deluxe Porthole View with Veranda stateroom and received 42 points (3 club points per night for 7 nights =  21 points x 2).

How do the points work for a Single Stateroom with Infinite Veranda that are on the new ships? I booked one of these staterooms on the Celebrity Beyond for a seven-day cruise for February 2023. Do solo travelers receive double points for these single staterooms? Will I receive 21 points or 42 points? I have received conflicting information.

Thanks,

Chuck

I can't find it immediately on the website, but I understand that solo travellers do not receive double points for sailing in a "single" stateroom.  That was the idea behind them--no single supplement, so no double points.

• Like 1

Hi, 

Thanks for the information. 

I thought that I would not receive double points for one of the solo staterooms on the Edge class ships. When I booked my solo stateroom on the Celebrity Beyond, the future cruise consultant on the Celebrity Reflection said that I would receive double points. However, I did not think that he was right. I am trying to determine when I will reach Elite Plus.

Chuck

I'm booked in an Edge Solo cabin on Apex for New Years Eve. When I look at future cruises under the Captain's Club section it only shows 24 points for an 8 night cruise so no double points.  I sailed solo in an Ocean View on Summit a few months ago and I did get double points for that cruise. 

1 hour ago, dreamer321 said:

I'm booked in an Edge Solo cabin on Apex for New Years Eve. When I look at future cruises under the Captain's Club section it only shows 24 points for an 8 night cruise so no double points.  I sailed solo in an Ocean View on Summit a few months ago and I did get double points for that cruise. 

Mine show up that way also, but I do get the double points after the cruise is over.  Once, right after they started that program, I didn't.  A quick call to the captains club remedied the issue and it's been fine since then.  My guess is that Celebrity's crack IT system can't figure out how to put that in your sailing until after you've sailed.  So don't worry about it, but do keep an eye out.

4 hours ago, dreamer321 said:

When I look at future cruises under the Captain's Club section it only shows 24 points for an 8 night cruise

Mine is the same, yet our next cruise is for 14 nights, so should be 42 points. 
At the moment, however,  they are no longer showing. I also booked when there was a double point promotion and that isn’t taken into consideration. 
I will wait until after our cruise, when points have been added, before I contact Celebrity.

On 6/19/2022 at 9:23 PM, WestLakeGirl said:

Are you saying that there is somewhere you can look up the points you can expect to earn on a future cruise? Can you tell me where to look to see that for my upcoming cruises?

Go sign in on the Celebrity website, then click on the little down-arrowhead to the right of your name, then select "My Tier and Points" from the pulldown menu that appears.  Scroll down a bit to find your reservations with estimated club points.