Best hotel option for night before cruise..close to pier or airport in Saettle?

Hi, what is the best approach for a night stay pre cruise, trying to make a "trip" only once ie should we stay right by the airport or right by the cruise pier?  Any suggestions with free shuttles either from airport on arrival evening or to cruise port day of cruise?  Or does it not matter at all and and can look at staying anywhere in between, looks like about half hour apart?  Thanks

Edited by petuniaflower

• petuniaflower changed the title to Best hotel option for night before cruise..close to pier or airport in Saettle?

If you look around the board, your questions are discussed very frequently.  Many like to stay downtown for things to do and places to eat, but downtown is notably more expensive. Others stay by the airport to save money.

There are shuttles recommended frequently. Uber and taxi are also solid options. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, petuniaflower said:

Thanks, I saw one post with some info, more on people wanting to explore..as we are coming in late around 9pm we really just need a place to stay so wondered if we should stay close to the pier or airport.

Totally up to you. It would be easy, and most likely cheaper, to stay at the airport area.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petuniaflower said:

Thanks, I saw one post with some info, more on people wanting to explore..as we are coming in late around 9pm we really just need a place to stay so wondered if we should stay close to the pier or airport.

Staying at the airport will save some money and you wouldn’t have any time for exploring coming in late.  Another option would be to stay at the Marriott Waterfront or the Edgewater Hotel that are across the street and next door to the cruise terminal Norwegian departs from. A very easy walk to the terminal the next day. That would allow you to do some quick exploring in the morning.  It’s about a 15 minute walk from that area to Pike Place Market. The flower & seafood vendors open early 6-7am and it would make for a nice stroll in the morning before embarkation. The craft vendors are open by 9am or so.

Edited by Glaciers
  • Like 2

On 6/17/2022 at 9:38 AM, Glaciers said:

Staying at the airport will save some money and you wouldn’t have any time for exploring coming in late.  Another option would be to stay at the Marriott Waterfront or the Edgewater Hotel that are across the street and next door to the cruise terminal Norwegian departs from. A very easy walk to the terminal the next day. That would allow you to do some quick exploring in the morning.  It’s about a 15 minute walk from that area to Pike Place Market. The flower & seafood vendors open early 6-7am and it would make for a nice stroll in the morning before embarkation. The craft vendors are open by 9am or so.

Side question:  my cruise leaves on a Sunday and I'm wondering if flower stores at Pike Place are open on that day (I'd like to grab a bouquet before embarkation)?

8 hours ago, seagunthera said:

Side question:  my cruise leaves on a Sunday and I'm wondering if flower stores at Pike Place are open on that day (I'd like to grab a bouquet before embarkation)?

They're open 7 days per week and take cash.

• Like 1

To the OP:  I would opt to stay at a Sea-Tac hotel since you only need a place to sleep.  Check the hotel amenities to find one that offers free airport pickup to hotel, and store the phone number to call for pickup in your phone for easy retrieval when you arrive in Seattle.  Arrange for pickup by Seattle Express or taxi/uber/lyft the next morning to the pier.

We have booked a room at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Seattle Airport with the pre-cruise package that includes transport to the pier. We also chose one closer to the pier. Haven't decided on which one yet because we don't know when our flight gets in.