Pier 66 Question

Shel71

1 hour ago, Shel71 said:

Between the Edgewater Hotel or the Marriott Waterfront Hotel, which is easier to walk to Pier 66 to get on the cruise and to get off again? 

Edgewater is on the same side of the road (Alaskan Way), while the Marriott requires crossing it. Otherwise, both are super easy short walks to Pier 66.

• Like 1

There is no question that the Marriott is the closest to Pier 66.  But, during every stay that I have made at the Marriott, I have seen dozens and dozens of walkers walking along the sidewalk, pulling their luggage to Pier 66.  And, all of those have been coming from the opposite direction than from the Edgewater Hotel.  

1 hour ago, rkacruiser said:

There is no question that the Marriott is the closest to Pier 66.  But, during every stay that I have made at the Marriott, I have seen dozens and dozens of walkers walking along the sidewalk, pulling their luggage to Pier 66.  And, all of those have been coming from the opposite direction than from the Edgewater Hotel.  

The Marriott is a reliable & consistent hotel brand, and you can book with Marriott Bonvoy points (based on availability, of course). The Edgewater has eclectic decor, a cool history, a Wyland mural - and in the summer, a 2-night minimum stay on the weekends. For cruisers only interested in a pre-cruise place to sleep, the Marriott is the logical choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, coastcat said:

For cruisers only interested in a pre-cruise place to sleep, the Marriott is the logical choice.

As well as a quality base for a pre- or post-cruise visit to near-by areas as well as good dining options.  

Thank you for the responses. I should elaborate. I already have a hotel booked (Courtyard by Marriott/Lake Union). We're there on the 4th of July so plan to watch the fireworks from the hotel the night before the cruise. I am thinking on cruise day it would be easier and maybe cheaper to have our Uber drop us off at either the Waterfront Marriott or the Edgewater and then just walk over. Likewise for disembarkment, just walk to one of those hotels and get an Uber to the airport. Is it difficult to cross that street? Is there a benefit for one of the other for an Uber drop off/pick up?

@Shel71

Hopefully your room will face the lake. What a great area to watch the fireworks. As for your drop off location, it will be no cheaper to be dropped at the hotels and actually be a bit more inconvenient.  The cruise terminal drop off location is in front of the terminal and right next to where the baggage is collected and about 200 feet from the entrance to the Edgewater. The pickup location is at the south end of the terminal between there and Anthony’s. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shel71 said:

e. I am thinking on cruise day it would be easier and maybe cheaper to have our Uber drop us off at either the Waterfront Marriott or the Edgewater and then just walk over. Likewise for disembarkment, just walk to one of those hotels and get an Uber to the airport. Is it difficult to cross that street? 

When I read your post, I was going to say the same thing that Glaciers did.  There isn't a good reason, I don't think. for you to be dropped off at either hotel and then cross the street to the pier.  (It is not difficult to cross the street; it is a busy street, but there is a traffic light.)  Disembarking, there will be much traffic and, I'd expect, congestion at the pier.  There will be taxis and I think it would be simpler to get a taxi to the airport rather than call for a Uber.  

On 6/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, Dan G said:

beware that pier 66 is in the flat rate taxi zone so ANY cab is a flat $40 to Seatac from the downtown hotel zone.  This does not include pier 91

So it's a guarantee that it would be $40 in a cab from Pier 66 to Seatac after the cruise? Do the cabs there hold 4 people? We'd be using Port Valet for our luggage so would only have things we're carrying on.