How is NCL handling covid testing for guests on a B2B?

Turtles06

The title of the thread says it all.   If you've taken a B2B with NCL since pre-cruise covid testing has been required, what is NCL doing in terms of covid testing of guests staying on for the second cruise?  

Thanks for any information!

I read in another thread that they have stopped testing B2B passengers - prior to last week, NCL was administering (and paying) for a rapid test for B2B guests on day 6 of their first cruise. I am doing a B2B the first 2 weeks of July and can confirm then for you.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, apietros said:

I read in another thread that they have stopped testing B2B passengers - prior to last week, NCL was administering (and paying) for a rapid test for B2B guests on day 6 of their first cruise. I am doing a B2B the first 2 weeks of July and can confirm then for you.

Thank you, and have a great trip! 

53 minutes ago, apietros said:

Where will you be cruising to/from...?  We'll be doing a B2B in September (Vancouver/Seward/Vancouver) so we're wondering what the current testing protocols are, too.  Of course, we know they could change by then...but at least your report might give us some sense of what to expect...! 

Have a great trip and enjoy...and will look forward to hearing your experience when you return...! 🙂 

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

If you've taken a B2B with NCL since pre-cruise covid testing has been required, what is NCL doing in terms of covid testing of guests staying on for the second cruise?  

On all the back to backs we've been on this year, rapid testing has been provided (and required) by Norwegian (free) on the second to last day of the cruise.

We had five tests across 8 cruises (2 b2b2b and 1 b2b).

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Rob_H said:

On all the back to backs we've been on this year, rapid testing has been provided (and required) by Norwegian (free) on the second to last day of the cruise.

We had five tests across 8 cruises (2 b2b2b and 1 b2b).

Thanks! When was the most recent cruise?

We just got off of RCI on a B2B. We were told B2B testing was no longer required as of May 2022 per CDC.

However, that could change anytime. 

Stay Safe and Happy Cruising! 

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

The title of the thread says it all.   If you've taken a B2B with NCL since pre-cruise covid testing has been required, what is NCL doing in terms of covid testing of guests staying on for the second cruise?  

Thanks for any information!

Judith

NCL's Sail Safe FAQs (the last FAQ on the page) still state that an antigen test is required for the second leg of a B2B and that NCL will do the test onboard:

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Will I be required to take a COVID-19 test in order to embark on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing?

Yes, guests age 2 and over will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and show a negative result before continuing on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing. The antigen test will be conducted onboard during the end of the first cruise and will be paid for by the Cruise Line

15 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Thanks! When was the most recent cruise?

Our most recent b2b was the Norwegian Spirit, 19 May Honolulu-Papetee then 31 May Papetee-Honolulu.

The b2b2b were Bliss in Jan/Feb and Encore April/May.. All had onboard testing second to last day.

2 hours ago, Yo Adrienne said:

Where will you be cruising to/from...?  We'll be doing a B2B in September (Vancouver/Seward/Vancouver) so we're wondering what the current testing protocols are, too.  Of course, we know they could change by then...but at least your report might give us some sense of what to expect...! 

Have a great trip and enjoy...and will look forward to hearing your experience when you return...! 🙂 

Miami - first leg is eastern Caribbean and second is western Caribbean. 

anyone has experience with B2B, but on different ships?  I'm wondering if they would test you on the 6th day of the first ship if they can see that you are sailing on a different ship for the B2B or would I have to run around and try to get a test on the cutover day?  BTW, the first leg is a Friday to Friday and the second leg would leave on Saturday

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

NCL's Sail Safe FAQs (the last FAQ on the page) still state that an antigen test is required for the second leg of a B2B and that NCL will do the test onboard:

https://www.ncl.com/sail-safe

Will I be required to take a COVID-19 test in order to embark on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing?

Yes, guests age 2 and over will be required to take a COVID-19 antigen test and show a negative result before continuing on the second leg of a back-to-back sailing. The antigen test will be conducted onboard during the end of the first cruise and will be paid for by the Cruise Line

Thanks Paul!  Shame on me for not reading the FAQs! 😂

• Haha 1