We are diamond on RCI and only use internet a little, do we get any free minutes?

We don't use the internet a lot, usually when we do Celebrity, we get enough free minutes being elite to carry us through a cruise.  However, I didn't see that Diamond members get any free minutes.  All the options to purchase internet use seems to require payment EVERY day?

Is there an option for us that makes sense?

1 minute ago, 4774Papa said:

We don't use the internet a lot, usually when we do Celebrity, we get enough free minutes being elite to carry us through a cruise.  However, I didn't see that Diamond members get any free minutes.  All the options to purchase internet use seems to require payment EVERY day?

Not minutes but each diamond member get a 24 hour continuous period of free internet

20 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

Each diamond member gets 24 hours of free internet or a credit of one day towards a weekly package or the remainder of a weekly package.

Your 24 hours start when you login for the first time, so if there are two of you, you can make that time span part of 4 days.  You can easily skip the first day as you will have cellular until you leave port.  If day two is a port day, I would not start the 24 hour period until after the ship leaves the port.  You would then have it for that night and most of the next day.  I would then spread the second person's 24 hours over two other days later in the cruise or use it towards buying a package for the last 3 or 4 days of the cruise.  It really depends on whether it is a port intensive cruise or not.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

Each diamond member gets 24 hours of free internet or a credit of one day towards a weekly package or the remainder of a weekly package.

Your 24 hours start when you login for the first time, so if there are two of you, you can make that time span part of 4 days.  You can easily skip the first day as you will have cellular until you leave port.  If day two is a port day, I would not start the 24 hour period until after the ship leaves the port.  You would then have it for that night and most of the next day.  I would then spread the second person's 24 hours over two other days later in the cruise or use it towards buying a package for the last 3 or 4 days of the cruise.  It really depends on whether it is a port intensive cruise or not.

So after we both use our free 24 hrs, we can buy a package for 3 or 4 days not the entire cruise.

(we are an a transatlantic).

3 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

So after we both use our free 24 hrs, we can buy a package for 3 or 4 days not the entire cruise.

Correct but I would see what the coverage is like and if it is really worth getting.  Keep an eye out for sales in your cruise planner too as it might just be cheaper to buy a single device package and share it.  You can't use your diamond credit before the cruise in the cruise planner but you would still be able to use the two 24 hours on the ship.  Four days at full price on the ship might be more expensive than a good sale prior to your sailing.

8 minutes ago, 4774Papa said:

There’s no 3 or 4 day package. You can buy either 24 hours (which you can repeat) or for the rest of the cruise (however many days that is). 

10 minutes ago, BekkaW said:

There’s no 3 or 4 day package. You can buy either 24 hours (which you can repeat) or for the rest of the cruise (however many days that is). 

My understanding of what they are saying refers to my post saying buy for the rest of the cruise when there are three or four days left.