What happens if you test positive for Covid?

Citymom92

On 6/27/2022 at 5:54 PM, justhappytobehere said:

Your right!!!!  The number of times we've almost cancelled our cruise as we have visions of flying all the way from the UK to Sydney to join the ship, testing positive and having to fly  straight home again.

Test before you leave for the airport. If Negative, go for it! Still a chance you may get a Positive on a test down under, but if Positive at home, it will let you stay home, avoid the long flight, avoid the chance of infecting others on the flight, and give you the chance to work through the cancellation issues from home. Been there, done that.

Stan

Edited by GottaKnowWhen
  • Like 2

Hi everyone 

it happened to my husband and myself,

we first visited my son In London ( from Australia)

As we were boarding the plane from  London to . Barcelona to board  Celebrity beyond ( the 23rd of June sailing )my husband receives the text saying he had tested positive 

Devasted

Stuck in Barcelona with our luggage and no where to go .

Our travel agent managed to change the cruise to the 2 nd of July ( we had to change and cancel all our other bookings)

and at an extra cost of $4000 Australia. dollars 

guess what ?

I have now tested positive for Covid so will miss this cruise too .

We are totally in shock .

and on top of things insurance only covers us for $5000 minus excess ( and it was top cover)

Lucky for us celebrity is giving us full credit 

We are still processing it all

this was our big retirement trip  

So it is a big risk we all take .

We have both decided until they take out the mandatory testing it really isn’t worth the stress .

It has been the most stressful horrible time for us 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fisho said:

Hi everyone 

it happened to my husband and myself,

we first visited my son In London ( from Australia)

As we were boarding the plane from  London to . Barcelona to board  Celebrity beyond ( the 23rd of June sailing )my husband receives the text saying he had tested positive 

Devasted

Stuck in Barcelona with our luggage and no where to go .

Our travel agent managed to change the cruise to the 2 nd of July ( we had to change and cancel all our other bookings)

and at an extra cost of $4000 Australia. dollars 

guess what ?

I have now tested positive for Covid so will miss this cruise too .

We are totally in shock .

and on top of things insurance only covers us for $5000 minus excess ( and it was top cover)

Lucky for us celebrity is giving us full credit 

We are still processing it all

this was our big retirement trip  

So it is a big risk we all take .

We have both decided until they take out the mandatory testing it really isn’t worth the stress .

It has been the most stressful horrible time for us 

Sorry to hear, that is most unfortunate bad luck at play there. You are right, that is the risk we all take at present and you do wonder.if it is worth taking it.

I don’t blame you re mandatory testing…we travel in August on Beyond but if I had my time again would probably have waited until testing was removed. Hopefully we don’t suffer the same fate, only time will tell.

6 hours ago, Ronin23 said:

Sorry to hear, that is most unfortunate bad luck at play there. You are right, that is the risk we all take at present and you do wonder.if it is worth taking it.

I don’t blame you re mandatory testing…we travel in August on Beyond but if I had my time again would probably have waited until testing was removed. Hopefully we don’t suffer the same fate, only time will tell.

Having my Covid test the morning of our US flight to Rome. That test will be the one for boarding as two days prior. If we fail we are still home and get full refund from Celebrity. Once on board no test until we get home. As my second booster will be 17 days prior to embarkation we should be ok. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 7:49 PM, broadwaybaby123 said:

I unfortunately have found myself looking into this position for my cruise this week.  You'll get an FCC.

I am sorry to hear this.  Are you saying those (like myself) that booked after March 2022 and test positive pre cruise only get FCC versus full cash refund?  Thank you.

32 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am sorry to hear this.  Are you saying those (like myself) that booked after March 2022 and test positive pre cruise only get FCC versus full cash refund?  Thank you.

At least that's what happened to us. We rebooked in October and applied the FCC towards that.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 8:53 AM, wrk2cruise said:

Did you request a refund under the covid policy or did you cancel using the Cruise with Confidence where you only would get a FCC?

We canceled via Cruise With Confindence. The person in the party did end up testing positive, so we canceled and rebooked for October.

Although the person felt incredibly guilty, they followed all CDC Guidelines and are doing much better now. The only lingering symptom is fatigue. 

On 6/30/2022 at 9:56 PM, Virginia100 said:

Having my Covid test the morning of our US flight to Rome. That test will be the one for boarding as two days prior. If we fail we are still home and get full refund from Celebrity. Once on board no test until we get home. As my second booster will be 17 days prior to embarkation we should be ok. 

On 6/30/2022 at 9:56 PM, Virginia100 said:

My husband has his second booster 32 days prior to his positive test.