Celebrity Retreat vs Norwegian Haven

Salf777

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

How do you know nothing has been done?  The Infinity returned to service yesterday so unless you are on the ship you don’t know .  Yes the infinity has not been revolutionized but neither has the Constellation.  The Constellation returned to service a few months ago and reports are that  Carpet and other soft goods in the cabins and other areas have been replaced and  she is looking very good. 

Infinity was Celebrity's crew covid ship for two years, doubt much was upgraded or even replaced in the 2 weeks it was preparing for paying passengers. 

49 minutes ago, Tyler414 said:

Infinity was Celebrity's crew covid ship for two years, doubt much was upgraded or even replaced in the 2 weeks it was preparing for paying passengers. 

Ditto.  In recent months it was sitting just off Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.  Hopefully it went through an extra deep clean.  It may have been the busiest ship in the fleet in terms of passenger turnover given the crew rotations.  

I love the retreat on Edge class ships with swimming pool, bar , small restaurant, I do like all celebrity ships for suite dining room Luminae, but retreat area that has been added is a joke , at least on the summit it was , have not cruised ncl in many years.

Back about 7 years ago, we were in the Haven on the NCL Pearl. There was no separate restaurant, no separate lounge, no pool in the Haven outdoor area, and no included drinks in the other bars. All we had was a nice suite with constantly restocked spirits and mixers. Darn near worthless compared with the Retreat and MSC Yacht Club. I understand, however that NCL’s larger ships do have a fully developed Haven. Perhaps NCL has developed the Haven more on its smaller Jewel class ships like the Pearl. I’d check that out before I booked the haven on one of those. If it is like our experience, book something else. The Retreat is 100 times better. As between the Yacht Club and the Retreat, we were concerned that the Retreat is not in a sealed off area like the Yacht club. But once in our retreat suite, we realized that it didn’t matter. The retreat facilities were easy to access, and short walks in the ship to reach them were no problem. I can’t compare the retreat with a fully developed Haven — haven’t been there. As between the Retreat and Yacht club, we prefer the Retreat. You do have to enter the general area more, but Celebrity is a premium line and MSC is a budget line. The general areas of Celebrity are more enjoyable to visit than those on MSC and much more so than on NCL. And the Luminae for the retreat has much better food.

Edited by Dolebludger

I can't speak for the Celebrity Retreat as I've never sailed in it.  I can, however, speak for the Haven on NCL.  Our last cruise was in March out of New Orleans on Breakaway.  We had a Haven Spa Suite that was outside the Haven proper.  So, we had to go one deck up for meals if we wanted to go to the Haven Restaurant or Lounge.  Didn't mind that at all!  I didn't find the service at the Haven Restaurant slow, as some have said.  The private pool area was nice with a pool and two hot-tubs.  There were two children (only two) that were running amok in the pool area.  Their parents did nothing to control them.  We were sitting in one of the hot tubs, the one that was marked "Adults Only", when the little darlings tried to dive in.  Both my wife and myself told them that this hot tub was for adults.  The little boy, who I think was doing the talking for the duo said "We're in the Haven.  We can go anywhere we want!"  I moved over next to the child and said, "If you come in here I'll have to break your little arm".  (I saw Steve McQueen use that line on a kid and it worked very well!)  It worked just as well for me!  The children always gave me a wide berth for the rest of the cruise!  I'm getting off-topic here.  My next cruise is on Silhouette in an Aqua Class cabin.  I hope to get upgraded, but if we don't, no biggie!  My Haven cruise was at 65% capacity.  When we speak of the good old days of cruising, this is what we're going to refer to.  Like I said, I can't speak for Celebrity Retreat (yet), but I would have a very hard time sailing on NCL and not be in the Haven!

Elvis

Edited by Elvis1209

On 7/5/2022 at 3:57 AM, Elvis1209 said:

I can't speak for the Celebrity Retreat as I've never sailed in it.  I can, however, speak for the Haven on NCL.  Our last cruise was in March out of New Orleans on Breakaway.  We had a Haven Spa Suite that was outside the Haven proper.  So, we had to go one deck up for meals if we wanted to go to the Haven Restaurant or Lounge.  Didn't mind that at all!  I didn't find the service at the Haven Restaurant slow, as some have said.  The private pool area was nice with a pool and two hot-tubs.  There were two children (only two) that were running amok in the pool area.  Their parents did nothing to control them.  We were sitting in one of the hot tubs, the one that was marked "Adults Only", when the little darlings tried to dive in.  Both my wife and myself told them that this hot tub was for adults.  The little boy, who I think was doing the talking for the duo said "We're in the Haven.  We can go anywhere we want!"  I moved over next to the child and said, "If you come in here I'll have to break your little arm".  (I saw Steve McQueen use that line on a kid and it worked very well!)  It worked just as well for me!  The children always gave me a wide berth for the rest of the cruise!  I'm getting off-topic here.  My next cruise is on Silhouette in an Aqua Class cabin.  I hope to get upgraded, but if we don't, no biggie!  My Haven cruise was at 65% capacity.  When we speak of the good old days of cruising, this is what we're going to refer to.  Like I said, I can't speak for Celebrity Retreat (yet), but I would have a very hard time sailing on NCL and not be in the Haven!

Elvis