Platinum/elite internet question

Jmox84

17 hours ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Where do I go to buy internet minutes pre cruise?  I went to the board services section and it is not there for my 5 night cruise.

Do you have the app?

21 minutes ago, sandyoftheseas said:

Yes I have looked on the app and on my PC an I don't see it on any of the options.

Use the phone MC App.  Login.  You will find MedallionNet in the Ocean Ready menu.  Or, tap on your photo in top left corner of main screen and a slide-out screen comes from the left with your booking detail and there is a MedallionNet link there.  On that slide-out screen, your profile photo appears again and is overlaid with a small Seawitch logo, the color of which should match your CC Member Level.

We were on the Enchanted in Feb of the year, a 14 day Caribbean, and purchased the internet package the first day on board, 1 device, $140, which 50% off for Elite, and on the standard Princess package used OBC plus we are stock holders with $250 cruise credit. 
Easy to do just go to the Internet cafe and get a computer and follow the steps. 

32 minutes ago, BnDcruisers said:

We were on the Enchanted in Feb of the year, a 14 day Caribbean, and purchased the internet package the first day on board, 1 device, $140, which 50% off for Elite, and on the standard Princess package used OBC plus we are stock holders with $250 cruise credit. 
Easy to do just go to the Internet cafe and get a computer and follow the steps. 

So did you get $140 less 50%, making it $70 for the 14 day cruise?

The issue being discussed here is the pre cruise price is $10/day and the onboard price is $15/day.  Either way you also get the platinum/elite discount if applicable.  Several months ago, the internet cafe managers would honor the pre-cruise price when you purchased on embarkation day. They no longer seem to be doing that, thus the desire for people to purchase before boarding. Like you, we had no problems in February, but they stuck to the higher price in July.  So the choice now is to purchase early with a credit card for the cheaper price, or wait until you get onboard and use your OBCs at the higher price.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BnDcruisers said:

The “original” price was quoted at $280, by the internet manager on the ship, we got it for 50% or $140, in February of this year on the Enchanted, this was for 1 device, for elite/platinum. 

If you paid $140 in total and both of you received a single device plan for 14 days then you got the the good pre-boarding price.  If you only got one single device plan to share, you were taken.  Pre-board prices for a single device are $10/day or $5/day with the elite discount.  Onboard price is $15/day or $7.50 per day with the elite discount. 

By the way, a four device plan is twice the price of a single device plan, so it never makes sense to purchase two single device plans.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

By the way, a four device plan is twice the price of a single device plan, so it never makes sense to purchase two single device plans.

This. 

If you wait until on-board, the prices are $15 and $25, so it REALLY doesn't make sense.

• Thanks 1

The internet on one device works for us. I use the internet sign-in, in the morning on the computers at the Internet cafe and then my wife uses the internet the rest of the day on her cell phone. No big deal. 
The price we pay for the internet, is fine for us since we use our shareholder benefit OBC money which is free money. 😁

My cruise is in Canadian $.  We are Elite and Platinum.  I just booked a 32 day Hawaii & South Pacific.  I did not book with Plus as we do not drink alcohol.  We will purchase separate tips, soda package and WiFi before we sail.

I logged on MedallionClass app under my name and also my friend’s,  it shows for Medallion Net -

1 device -   $412.48

4 devices - $825.28

I presume the price is in Canadian $.  It looks like it is cheaper to purchase the 4 devices or the both of us.?

I wonder how the WiFi will be working on this cruise?

Edited by phabric

1 hour ago, phabric said:

My cruise is in Canadian $.  We are Elite and Platinum.  I just booked a 32 day Hawaii & South Pacific.  I did not book with Plus as we do not drink alcohol.  We will purchase separate tips, soda package and WiFi before we sail.

I logged on MedallionClass app under my name and also my friend’s,  it shows for Medallion Net -

1 device -   $412.48

4 devices - $825.28

I presume the price is in Canadian $.  It looks like it is cheaper to purchase the 4 devices or the both of us.?

I wonder how the WiFi will be working on this cruise?

I'm not going to try and do the conversion, but MedallionNet with your CC Member Level is 50% off.  $320 for regular price in USD.  $640 for 4-devices.  You should book one 4-device package for same price and 2 single-device packages.  That way, you have room for two extra devices - like PC's in addition to phones. 

Actually, the conversion is no issue since you just booked.  PCL recently bumped the exchange rate from 1.25 to 1.29.  But even just looking at the CAD above, notice the 4 device is exactly double the 1 device (let's not quibble about rounding of pennies and exchange rate).