Incidence of COVID on Wind Spirit- or any other ships?

Petoonya

We are currently on the Star Pride and have been on board for 3 cruises.  There were some passengers who were positive on the first cruise.  The Captain announced it and we know there were quarantined passengers then.  Other than that, we have not seen or heard of more and our cruise has not been effected. 

15 hours ago, LTCOP said:

We are currently on the Star Pride and have been on board for 3 cruises.  There were some passengers who were positive on the first cruise.  The Captain announced it and we know there were quarantined passengers then.  Other than that, we have not seen or heard of more and our cruise has not been effected. 

Do you know whether these people were put off the ship mid-cruise?

• 1 month later...

We tested positive after disembarking the Star Breeze last week.  6 out of 7 of our new onboard friends also caught covid onboard.   I believe the quarantined cabins had room service tables outside.  We noticed at least a dozen on deck 5 and another on 4.  Two crew members that we had been in contact with also disappeared until the end of the cruise.  It would be interesting to know the number of effected passengers.   From the amount of coughing I heard, I am guessing many didn't get tested in the clinic for fear of being forced into quarantine.   As I said in another post, sail prepared to catch covid with any medications you would need.

18 day Wind Spirit Tahiti cruise- just returned today. No COVID cases at all. The only ones wearing masks were crew. I was told by medical staff that passengers would know about any cases as it would quickly change to all passengers being required to mask.

Yay!

• Like 3

On 8/24/2022 at 1:56 AM, Petoonya said:

18 day Wind Spirit Tahiti cruise- just returned today. No COVID cases at all. The only ones wearing masks were crew. I was told by medical staff that passengers would know about any cases as it would quickly change to all passengers being required to mask.

Yay!

Ggraphix: Thanks for your first hand post on current Covid situation aboard the Breeze, very helpful. Did you also experience a return to required masks for all passengers due to the covid outbreak?

5 hours ago, BellaBay said:

Ggraphix: Thanks for your first hand post on current Covid situation aboard the Breeze, very helpful. Did you also experience a return to required masks for all passengers due to the covid outbreak?

No.  The ship did not admit to there being an outbreak.   The passengers were not informed of active covid cases as we were last fall aboard the Surf.  There was no mask requirement,  except among crew.

Edited by ggraphix
Left out response