Amazing

Bin man

1 hour ago, Bin man said:

Was amazed how many cabins remain unsold on Arvias maiden voyage, but the price is also amazingly high .Lost count on the number of empty cabins 

Have you taken into account all the hundreds of passengers who will have chosen a saver fare ?

Cabins will still be shown as available, but that does not reflect occupancy levels. 

• Like 2

When I booked Arvia December 2023 the P&O rep informed me every saver fare just deducted a cabin so if there were 500 showing it would drop in his computer to 498 he could currently sell.  That indicates the plan of cabins available is probably correct as presumably those showing are augmented by his list?

Not sure how allocation of savers works but experience shows that certain cabins on Britannia often do not show as they are 9 times out of 10 reserved for savers - there's one particular cabin on G deck mid forward we love that never shows but if I ask it's always available.

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

When I booked Arvia December 2023 the P&O rep informed me every saver fare just deducted a cabin so if there were 500 showing it would drop in his computer to 498 he could currently sell. 

But unless a specific cabin is removed from the deck plan at the same time as someone buys a saver fare, which is not the case,  the deck plans are not accurate.

I have no idea, only repeating what I was told by P&O.  They obviously can't sell more cabins than they actually have.  I assume therefore the 500 or whatever figure he quoted looks at the deck plan so if I choose my cabin by select the number reduces accordingly.  I'm no expert!

It's a quiet day here on Majorca so I just had a look at the maiden out of curiosity.  There are huge numbers of all grade cabins available, far more than on my December 2023 Arvia cruise.

Could perhaps the date be a problem, ie mid December arriving back 23 December?  Often not a popular time to travel with the holidays coming up with all that entails and the prices are as Binman says verging on extortion!

1 hour ago, Megabear2 said:

It's a quiet day here on Majorca so I just had a look at the maiden out of curiosity.  There are huge numbers of all grade cabins available, far more than on my December 2023 Arvia cruise.

Could perhaps the date be a problem, ie mid December arriving back 23 December?  Often not a popular time to travel with the holidays coming up with all that entails and the prices are as Binman says verging on extortion!

If you pick a select cruise on P&O it's +£600 to +1000. Just looking a Celebrity out of Barcelona for next summer. Same price for you pick or they pick. Something is wrong with one of the pricing models.

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

If you pick a select cruise on P&O it's +£600 to +1000. Just looking a Celebrity out of Barcelona for next summer. Same price for you pick or they pick. Something is wrong with one of the pricing models.

On Marella they charge you to book a specific cabin, it costs £50 and I bet they make a profit on that 😉

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Megabear2 said:

Where exactly do you look to see this data please?

I do a dummy booking on select and look at what's available picking a cabin .Takes time because you have to pick each section and deck to show what's available on that particular part of the ship 

2 hours ago, Bin man said:

I do a dummy booking on select and look at what's available picking a cabin .Takes time because you have to pick each section and deck to show what's available on that particular part of the ship 

That's how I do it too but Megabear2 gives the impression that he can see the whole ship at the same time, which would be great.

12 hours ago, zap99 said:

Totally agree and I believe its P&O that should change!

14 hours ago, Bin man said:

As I said before,  you see what cabins are available to book,  which is not the same as showing occupancy levels. 

Megabear got her information from a TA.