VeriFly at Seattle Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91?

SLOTheta

Hello,

We are taking an Alaskan Cruise out of Pier 91 on Sunday. Does anyone know if this cruise terminal has a VeriFly fast track lane for check-in? If you have used it, was it easy to find and what was your experience like? I've heard it can be hard to find at the Ports who have VeriFly

Yes.  They do.  I wrote about it in my Trip Report on this board. It is an EXTREMELY slow lane and will not fast track your wait at all.  They were processing the non-VERIFLY passengers 10X faster.   I still wish I would have done it. 

Edited by CupKayke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SLOTheta said:

Hello,

We are taking an Alaskan Cruise out of Pier 91 on Sunday. Does anyone know if this cruise terminal has a VeriFly fast track lane for check-in? If you have used it, was it easy to find and what was your experience like? I've heard it can be hard to find at the Ports who have VeriFly

Yes so much easier. As long as you don’t get someone in front of you (in the wrong line) who hasn’t done it. If you have VeriFLY and ArriveCAN you are golden!!  Fast in!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nickelpenny said:

Yes so much easier. As long as you don’t get someone in front of you (in the wrong line) who hasn’t done it. If you have VeriFLY and ArriveCAN you are golden!!  Fast in!!

=====

oh my.  So Canada wants ArriveCAN.   This confirms what I read from HAL website just now.   My Alaska cruise is round trip August 13 from Pier 91 Seattle and stops at Victoria.

Peter

Edited by SFO PETER

21 minutes ago, SFO PETER said:

=====

oh my.  So Canada wants ArriveCAN.   This confirms what I read from HAL website just now.   My Alaska cruise is round trip August 13 from Pier 91 Seattle and stops at Victoria.

Peter

Yes. You will need the confirmation code that will be given to you once you complete the ArriveCAN. If you have the app on your phone you can finish the ArriveCAN questions onboard. They either look for the app and/or the code at embarkation. 

• Like 1

We used the Verifly fast lane last week and it went a lot faster than the regular line until the two groups in front of us turned out not to have Verifly done at all, were in the wrong lane, and had to dig out all their paperwork.  We had to open our Verifly app and our ArriveCAN apps and show them both.  

Keep that ArriveCan code handy because you will need to fill out two forms a couple of days into the cruise, a Canadian Immigration form and another form with your ArriveCan code and signature.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, amyr said:

We used the Verifly fast lane last week and it went a lot faster than the regular line until the two groups in front of us turned out not to have Verifly done at all, were in the wrong lane, and had to dig out all their paperwork.  We had to open our Verifly app and our ArriveCAN apps and show them both.  

Keep that ArriveCan code handy because you will need to fill out two forms a couple of days into the cruise, a Canadian Immigration form and another form with your ArriveCan code and signature.

Thank you! This is helpful!

On 6/30/2022 at 10:28 PM, SLOTheta said:

Thank you all for your prompt replies and great help.  I took my Covid test today and hoping the results come back in time so I can complete the VeriFLY app. 

We are going Saturday, curious how your VeriFLY experience was. Hope you are having a fabulous cruise! 

On 6/30/2022 at 5:36 PM, amyr said:

I wish they would send folks back around who had not completed VeriFLY. It should not be an easy way for people to cut the line if they have not actually completed the process. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, zgscl said:

We are going Saturday, curious how your VeriFLY experience was. Hope you are having a fabulous cruise! 

I wish they would send folks back around who had not completed VeriFLY. It should not be an easy way for people to cut the line if they have not actually completed the process. 

Luckily, our results came back and we were able to do VeriFLY. It’s a must! The line for VeriFLY was fast and the staff were efficient. If you complete your ArriveCAN and VeriFLY, you can get through in a few minutes 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, SLOTheta said:

Luckily, our results came back and we were able to do VeriFLY. It’s a must! The line for VeriFLY was fast and the staff were efficient. If you complete your ArriveCAN and VeriFLY, you can get through in a few minutes 

That is exactly what I was hoping to hear! Just got my negative test and have the arrive can & VeriFLY completed. Now I just need to pack. 

Hope you have a safe trip home!