Cruise with Confidence Program

colliercruiser

Could someone confirm what I believe is the current status of Celebrity's Cruise with Confidence program?  It is only for sailings booked by March 2022 and for sailing dates thru September 2022.  I read something on a different posting that said it was for sailings thru December 2022, but I don't see that anywhere on the Celebrity site... just the September 2022 sailing deadline.

So my assumption is that my October 2022 sailings are not part of the Cruise with Confidence program and any cancellation is per the usual cancelation policy found in the contract document.

I think you share a common "scratching of the head".     There are so many rules and exceptions it is hard to answer.   It might be easier to ask about a specific aspect of the cruise with Confidence and where you are sailing (as there are different rules for U.S. Sailings and those over seas.  I did find the December 31 for cancelling within 48 hours (last part below)

Like you I believe it ended on October 2022 and someone posted December which I have not been able to find.    This is based on both reading the CWC and their FAQ

image.thumb.png.b197b6f507810e58148cdc66cadc8738.png

However The Covid-19 Assistance (Which I thought was part of Cruise with Confidence has a November 30 deadline.

image.thumb.png.b7b52c1ee7d3418210ccae55a03cb666.png

Now to add to confusion

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use on a sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 or within one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.
  • For cancellation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.  
  • In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.
  • For cancellation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment. (Only applicable in countries that offer a refundable deposit option).
  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.
  • Bookings made with FCCs from suspended sailings will also benefit from the new Cruise With Confidence policy.

On 7/1/2022 at 1:07 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I think you share a common "scratching of the head".     There are so many rules and exceptions it is hard to answer.   It might be easier to ask about a specific aspect of the cruise with Confidence and where you are sailing (as there are different rules for U.S. Sailings and those over seas.  I did find the December 31 for cancelling within 48 hours (last part below)

Like you I believe it ended on October 2022 and someone posted December which I have not been able to find.    This is based on both reading the CWC and their FAQ

image.thumb.png.b197b6f507810e58148cdc66cadc8738.png

However The Covid-19 Assistance (Which I thought was part of Cruise with Confidence has a November 30 deadline.

image.thumb.png.b7b52c1ee7d3418210ccae55a03cb666.png

Now to add to confusion

Cancel up to 48 Hours Before you Sail

You have up to 48 hours before you sail to cancel and receive 100% Future Cruise Credit to use on a sailing that departs on or before December 31, 2022 or within one year from your original sailing date, whichever is later.
  • For cancellation within any phase of penalty, refunds will be issued as Future Cruise Credit (FCC) for the full cruise fare amount.  
  • In order to receive 100% FCC, your booking must be paid in full.
  • For cancellation outside of penalty, your refund will be issued to the original form of payment. (Only applicable in countries that offer a refundable deposit option).
  • Nonrefundable Deposit Bookings: If canceled outside of penalty, the full deposit amount will be returned (without penalty) in the form of an FCC. If canceled within any phase of penalty, the cruise fare including full deposit (without penalty) will be issued as an FCC.
  • Bookings made with FCCs from suspended sailings will also benefit from the new Cruise With Confidence policy.

I called Celebrity and the rep said my Oct 3 sailing is NOT covered by the Cruise with Confidence program since that ends for sailings after Sept 2022.  I'm assuming that their policy re: someone testing positive just before the cruse (or during the sailing) still applies.

The Celebrity rep also said that my current Oct sailing does NOT require a pre-cruise COVID test, but then admitted that the testing policy is only "in place" for sailings thru August 2022... BUT is usually extended by Celebrity each month as the next sailings get closer.  So my assumption is that it will exist for October and many months beyond.

There used to be some confusing text around Cruise with Confidence in that the FCC issued for the cancelled sailing with CwC had to be used by December 31, 2022.

Since they have now removed the expiration of CwC FCC that confusing text has been removed.   You have been given correct information that your Oct sailing is not covered by the CwC policy.

Covid protection policy is totally different.

But your FCC no longer expires

As of June 1, 2022, the portion of the FCC value that represents 100% of the cruise fare paid on your original reservation will no longer expire. 

The incremental 25% bonus value that was provided will expire on the original expiration date or on 12/31/22, whichever is later.

Edited by oneputt18

On 7/1/2022 at 11:15 AM, colliercruiser said:

So my assumption is that my October 2022 sailings are not part of the Cruise with Confidence program and any cancellation is per the usual cancelation policy found in the contract document.

This is correct.   Like I said the dates around FCC validity caused the 12/2022 confusion.

On 7/3/2022 at 11:27 AM, ISABELLA said:

My understanding was on March 28, when I booked 3 cruises on board that if you book before March 31- CWC program  covers you thru 12/31/22. Will be very disappointed if they will not honor it.

This is what I thought as well 

It is best that we each read https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-with-confidence

There may be some confusion with the "Cruise with Confidence"   this policy mostly deals with price matching in the link above and imply that if a price reduction occurs for booking on or before March 31 they will match up util Sept 31    AFter that it reverts to the original rules

The information about testing positive is covered extensively in this thread -