Hawaii cruise

JerseyShore

29 minutes ago, JerseyShore said:

We have done the Hawaii cruise three times and we have always tendered into Lahaina but I noticed that the itinerary for November says we are docking at Kahului.    How far is that from downtown Lahaina ?

It was on the other side. 40+ minutes. 

AFA92948-09C5-4B22-A3CF-61C6FF5FA270.jpeg

Princess will run a very expensive “do it on your own” shuttle to Lahaina.  I still don’t understand the “no tendering”. I heard the Royal is going to Lahaina. 

Rent a car in Kahului.  There are a few places to visit nearby (not of interest to me).  Otherwise, you are stuck with a mall.  Do not try to do Hana on your own.  

47 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

My cousin is on Sapphire’s 11/17 cruise & their scheduled day in Lahaina on Thanksgiving Day is now in Kona…no day on Maui.

And the mystery continues.

We've cruised Hawaii three times.  The best one overnighted in Kahului.  We rented a car and drove to the summit of Haleakala for sunrise.  We explored much of the island over two days.  

One of the other cruises docked in Kahului and we took a private Road to Hana tour...which was brilliant.  Our last Hawaii cruise tendered in Lahaina.  Again, we rented a car and explored.  

All three were fantastic, with the overnight the best.  If you are comfortable renting a car, Kahului should be great.