Cheaper Beverage Package

The price has dropped for the deluxe beverage package. When we paid we had a discount of £100 onboard credit we put towards this. Even with this discount it is £60.00 cheaper now than what we paid.

My question is…if I cancelled our original booking and bought the new one, would we get our £100 onboard credit back to put towards the new discounted price, which would make it been cheaper? 
Also, we’re scared to cancel in case we end up paying more. Not sure how this works. Thanks for any help 

I did this back in March just ahead of our cruise on the Wonder. I had used a $50 obc towards the drink package...then it went on sale. 

To be safe I called RCI and the lady I spoke to cancelled our first drinks package and then re-applied the obc to the new package. She said that sometimes the obc takes a couple of days too show back up and that we did the right thing in calling. 

So I suggest you call to get this changed.

I did this with a $50 obc and the credit was immediately available.

Make sure you're comparing final prices that both include the 18% service charge. Someone posted the other day that they thought the beverage package had gotten cheaper, but it turned out that they had originally purchased it when the price shown included the 18%, and the new price did not.

They cancelled their package before re-purchasing at the cheaper price and ended up losing money instead of saving.

• Like 1

I never wait to repurchase if I see it low enough to make it worthwhile.  Yes, it takes a few days to get the credit back for the canceled order, but you never know how long the lower price will be in effect.  Our November sailing on WotS was $68 (sadly I didn't buy it) then went to $73 (I bought it) then went to $78 (I'm happy) and is now back down to $73.  In the big scheme of things even if it went back down to $68 I probably wouldn't bother canceling and buying for the two of us.  Yes, the OBC goes back to your account just like from where it started.  

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

I never wait to repurchase if I see it low enough to make it worthwhile.  Yes, it takes a few days to get the credit back for the canceled order, but you never know how long the lower price will be in effect.  Our November sailing on WotS was $68 (sadly I didn't buy it) then went to $73 (I bought it) then went to $78 (I'm happy) and is now back down to $73.  In the big scheme of things even if it went back down to $68 I probably wouldn't bother canceling and buying for the two of us.  Yes, the OBC goes back to your account just like from where it started.  

The reason for them to do the refund first is because they have $100 obc they need to get back before Re-purchasing 

2 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

The reason for them to do the refund first is because they have $100 obc they need to get back before Re-purchasing 

And the price could go up that much or more before they get that $100 back.  It's a roll of the dice or "pay me now or pay me later."  I can always use the $100 obc on something else if the  DBP is cost effective.  

1 hour ago, ATSEAMYLIFE said:

And the price could go up that much or more before they get that $100 back.  It's a roll of the dice or "pay me now or pay me later."  I can always use the $100 obc on something else if the  DBP is cost effective.  

True 

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

Whenever I've cancelled, the OBC was immediately available to reuse.

6 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

I did this with a $50 obc and the credit was immediately available.

Me too.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me what is the normal price of a Deluxe Beverage package per day?

Received an email offering a special deal of 50% off the second package.  Based on the "discounted" Deluxe Beverage package price currently shown on the RCL website (AUD$92pp/day) this means AUD$92 + $46 = $138 + 18% gratuity = $163 per day for a couple, or $81pp.

This doesn't sound like much of a bargain or have cruise line Beverage packages gone up alarmingly since Covid?

14 minutes ago, diecastaussie said:

Can anyone tell me what is the normal price of a Deluxe Beverage package per day?

Received an email offering a special deal of 50% off the second package.  Based on the "discounted" Deluxe Beverage package price currently shown on the RCL website (AUD$92pp/day) this means AUD$92 + $46 = $138 + 18% gratuity = $163 per day for a couple, or $81pp.

This doesn't sound like much of a bargain or have cruise line Beverage packages gone up alarmingly since Covid?

I think Australian prices include the gratuities. On the downside I think the price is AU$92 EACH as the discount already reflects 50% discount for second person. "BUY ONE, GET ONE 50% OFF (PRICE REFLECTS DISCOUNT)"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, diecastaussie said:

There's no normal - RCI just makes up a number from which they compute the "sale" price and % off.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nix19 said:

The price has dropped for the deluxe beverage package. When we paid we had a discount of £100 onboard credit we put towards this. Even with this discount it is £60.00 cheaper now than what we paid.

My question is…if I cancelled our original booking and bought the new one, would we get our £100 onboard credit back to put towards the new discounted price, which would make it been cheaper? 
Also, we’re scared to cancel in case we end up paying more. Not sure how this works. Thanks for any help 

Where are you cruising as all European cruises they have extended there £40 PP inc Grats but you would have to ring royal to get that price

Deluxe Drinks Package On European Sailings - £40 pppd - Royal Caribbean  Discussion - Royal Caribbean Blog

Edited by chmusar

There's a website called Cruise Spotlight that supposedly tracks the current deluxe beverage package pricing. It shows the minimum, average and maximum prices by all the RCL ships sailing from US departure ports. 

6 hours ago, chmusar said:

Where are you cruising as all European cruises they have extended there £40 PP inc Grats but you would have to ring royal to get that price

Deluxe Drinks Package On European Sailings - £40 pppd - Royal Caribbean  Discussion - Royal Caribbean Blog

My Wife called when we got this and booked it for our 9 night Odyssey cruise at the end of September. A good deal in my eyes.

Edited by Roybthered
Hidden

12 hours ago, diecastaussie said:

Not sure it's since Covid as it seems just before Covid they were higher than I remember.  

Thank you everyone for your help. We phoned RCI and got an amazing deal…better than they were advertising. We couldn’t use our obc with the drinks package but can use it for something else. We saved £430 by phoning 😊

• Like 3