Sold Out Excursion

The 4 of Us

If an excursion is no longer available to pre-book on the NCL website prior to your cruise, do they hold any spots to allow people to reserve once on board or do they offer all spots online prior to sailing?  We are going to book an alternate excursion but was just wondering if there was a possibility of there being spots available for our first choice once we board.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Don't count on it during these times. The cruise companies are having a hard time getting contracts with tour companies. On our Anthem TA cruise in May, most shore excursions were sold out months in advance. Every once in a while, an excursion would pop up, but it was rare and you had to be lucky.  I would look into private excursions.  On our upcoming cruise in Nov, NCL has very few excursions available and some ports have nothing. I don't know what is going on lately and their shore excursions people have no answers: "keep watching the website."

1 hour ago, The 4 of Us said:

If an excursion is no longer available to pre-book on the NCL website prior to your cruise, do they hold any spots to allow people to reserve once on board or do they offer all spots online prior to sailing?  We are going to book an alternate excursion but was just wondering if there was a possibility of there being spots available for our first choice once we board.

Thanks!

Book your alternative..... When you board go right to the excursions desk. They might have a few open spots or they might have had some cancelations. If not get your name on a list. My wife and I did this on a few excursions we really wanted to take and it worked out. People canceled and we got in

No, unfortunately they do NOT keep spots on shore excursions to have to sell on the ship. If it is not available anymore, then it is just because of one of two reasons:

Either it is sold out, or it is not offered anymore.

But of course, cancellations happens - so I agree in contacting the shorex desk on board as soon as they open on embarkation day.

Edited by TrumpyNor