Credit for specialty restaurant sale prices

mfs2k

I prebooked 4 specialty restaurants using OBC and now the prices are lower due to a current sale.
The savings in total is about $45.

Can I get a credit if I call?

My other options are to forget it,  or I can cancel and rebook, but I’ll probably lose my reservation times. 

1) Call your point of reservation to assist, failing that;

2) Cancel & Rebook directly with X, failing that;

3) Start at #1 again, failing that:

4) Enjoy your dining experience regardless...

bon appetit and bon voyage

You should be able to cancel and rebook in the Cruise Planner however before you to that do a mock reservation to see what times/day are available.  

We booked a couple of dinners before a sale and when I looked at the available days and times only time was 9:30 and that was only available on 2 nights.  There was availability on the last night for 8:30, 9 & 9:30.  We decided to stick with what we had.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I prebooked 4 specialty restaurants using OBC and now the prices are lower due to a current sale.

My other options are to forget it,  or I can cancel and rebook, but I’ll probably lose my reservation times. 

If your time on the phone is worth $45 bucks go for it but be willing to be flexible with your times.  For me a no way no brainer.

12 minutes ago, BRONZEMEMBER said:

Before you cancel and rebook, consider if you originally booked before the new gratuity charge was implemented.  If  you add the 18%, it is not a savings.  

I just learned this IMPORTANT LESSON the hard way. I wish I read your post before making changes.

When I originally booked my reservations, the gratuity was included in my price..

I didn't realize they now ADD the gratuity to the specialty dining reservation price when you check out. 

Celebrity rep on the phone was unhelpful.

I went to the Cruise planner to see which dining reservation times were still available for the restaurants I had booked.  Only 2 of the 4 still had availability on the dates and times I wanted. 

I canceled only those two 2 reservations and left the other two alone.

I then rebooked the same reservations at the lower price.  This is when I discovered the gratuity was added to the total in my shopping cart.  

So... Instead of saving $22.00 by booking on sale Specialty dining, I ended up spending an additional $20.00 in OBC unnecessarily.   Dumb, I know.  But not the end of the world.  

I wonder why there isn't more discussion on this board how Celebrity has increased the specialty dining restaurant prices by adding the 18-20% gratuity to the price? (I forget 18 or 20).  This is a big increase. 

But at least I still have my dining reservations so it's not a total f**k-up. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mfs2k said:

I had something that appeared similar but when I looked at the details, the difference was mostly gratuities that don't appear in the advertised price and get added back at checkout anyway, so the actual savings was very minimal and not worth any effort.

1 hour ago, mfs2k said:

I wonder why there isn't more discussion on this board how Celebrity has increased the specialty dining restaurant prices by adding the 18-20% gratuity to the price? (I forget 18 or 20).  This is a big increase. 

This thread has been going on for some time and was continuing as recently as yesterday:

• Thanks 1