Good place to eat, first day

Diamond6101

18 hours ago, chefchick said:

Is the Dutch cafe open on embarkation day?

There is no Dutch Cafe on the N.A, to my knowledge.  It would be a good option on the first day for lunch on one of the three Pinnacle class ships.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Crew News said:

if you are cruising on the on  Pinnacle-class ship, The Grand Dutch Cafe will indeed be open for lunch on Embarkation Day.  The pea soup is nice and thick.  Add a sandwich to make a filling lunch.  Ask for several almond cookies and a giant chocolate chip cookie for an afternoon snack.

Grand Dutch Cafe Menu

Thank you.  I will be sailing the Nieuw Statendam in September and can’t wait to check this venue out.

One more question re: The Grand Dutch cafe….is it open in the mornings for coffee drinks?  I know you can get lattes, cappuccino, etc in the Crows nest but are there other locations on the Pinnacle class ships?

17 minutes ago, chefchick said:

One more question re: The Grand Dutch cafe….is it open in the mornings for coffee drinks?  I know you can get lattes, cappuccino, etc in the Crows nest but are there other locations on the Pinnacle class ships?

It opens at 7:00 AM with a barista and pastries available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On HAL, I always found the Lido buffet to be best on day 1.  It always seems better that day than the rest of the cruise.  Plus, I think it's the only day they serve the chocolate/peanut butter pie.  

• Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 8:21 PM, Florida_gal_50 said:

I’m surprised so many people rave about the peanut butter pie.  It’s ok but it’s not rave worthy to me.  

I've always felt that way about the HAL bread pudding: on some ships/cruises, it's great, and on others, meh. Yet I have their cookbook and when I've followed the recipe, it's been wonderful...

• Like 1