SAS airline strike

alolewis

Silversea booked us on SAS San Francisco to Copenhagen.  SAS is on strike.  Our flight is August 6. has anyone been booked on SAS for a cruise since the strike started and how did Silversea handle changing flights?  The flight from SFO to CPH has been cancelled every day since July 3.

I will respond here as we are currently scheduled on SAS- We are scheduled to return home on 7-15 from Copenhagen to USA. Our flight is probably not going to happen. I emailed Silver Sky and waiting for a response. We shall see what they come up with. We have Business class going home and we really don't want to sit in the back of the bus for a 8 hour flight. I hope SS can do their magic!!

Big problem with two ships in Tromso with nobody getting any flights. Ship is staying in port additional night to hire a charter aircraft to fly guest from Tromso to Oslo and back. That is only happening with Silversky guests. The rest are on their own and not happy. 

It is now Tuesday and we get off the ship this Friday with what was a SAS flight to JFK from Copenhagen. I emailed the SkyDesk and no response yet. Almost time to start worrying about getting home since SAS is still on strike. Is any body  else scheduled on SAS soon?

On 7/10/2022 at 11:39 PM, carefreecruise said:

Big problem with two ships in Tromso with nobody getting any flights. Ship is staying in port additional night to hire a charter aircraft to fly guest from Tromso to Oslo and back. That is only happening with Silversky guests. The rest are on their own and not happy. 

WOW!  Just this morning, my husband and I were discussing whether to let the cruise line book our airfare, or do our own thing.  Something like this makes me lean toward letting the cruise company take of it.

On 7/11/2022 at 2:39 AM, carefreecruise said:

Are you saying that they are chartering an aircraft and will only allow Silversky guests on even if there is space on it?  That seems crazy.

2 hours ago, A Tucson Guy said:

It is now Tuesday and we get off the ship this Friday with what was a SAS flight to JFK from Copenhagen. I emailed the SkyDesk and no response yet. Almost time to start worrying about getting home since SAS is still on strike. Is any body  else scheduled on SAS soon?

i have a friend that has been trying to get home from Bergen for 72 hours now which involved bus rides to Oslo!  Haven’t heard from him today so do not have an update

9 minutes ago, cruisr said:

My friend is finally on his way home.  He left Amsterdam this am and flying to Vancouver.  he lives in Seattle.  If will be over 4 days to get home.

Wow- for the extra costs will the cruise line reimburse, insurance etc?

Not if you bought your own air.  Then again, if you purchased air thru the cruise line they can reroute you anyway they can get and it can involve hotels, etc.  I presume they would pay for that but who knows.

Note that it’s just SAS that’s on strike, not their affiliates. We flew their regional affiliate, City Jet, yesterday to Amsterdam with no issues. So be sure to check your exact airline. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, lionheart said:

Best news in long time 

daily I would scan replacement flights 

man’s saw double the price and horrible  time 

I was able to grab the last 2 refundable PE seats on Delta to duplicate my SAS reservation - at a cost of over $9,000!  Now I can get that back.  Sweet.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2022 at 1:03 AM, Host Jazzbeau said:

I was able to grab the last 2 refundable PE seats on Delta to duplicate my SAS reservation - at a cost of over $9,000!  Now I can get that back.  Sweet.

Well-done 

I gave it to Thursday and was going to buy best I could find which wasn’t good for four people