Able to bid on higher Haven?

nasellemom1

We have a Haven Balcony booked for Mexican Riviera in December.  My question is;  will I be able to bid on a bigger Haven, or since I'm in that's where I stay. Also, when will I be able to put a bid in if I can. First timer with NCL here, so any help would be appreciated!!

13 minutes ago, nasellemom1 said:

We have a Haven Balcony booked for Mexican Riviera in December.  My question is;  will I be able to bid on a bigger Haven, or since I'm in that's where I stay. Also, when will I be able to put a bid in if I can. First timer with NCL here, so any help would be appreciated!!

We have always been sent emails to bid on higher Haven staterooms. I usually book the cabin I want though, so never bid. Good luck!

57 minutes ago, nasellemom1 said:

If there are cabins available you should get an upgrade e-mail, or if you view your reservation at NCL dot com it should be one of the first things you see.  It does depend on how far out you are, though.  I think they start putting out the upgrade e-mails at around four or five months prior to sailing.

3 hours ago, nasellemom1 said:

Yes. Assuming that you booked directly with NCL or with a travel agent participating in the upgrade program, you will get an invitation to upgrade about 110 days prior to departure. You will be offered the opportunity to bid Haven rooms above your category (e.g., 2BR, Owners suites, deluxe owners suites). 

In the example below, the minimum bid for a Deluxe Owners suite was $1200 per person (x 2 people) to $2250 per person (x 2 people). 

Your offer has absolutely nothing to do with whether there is a cabin available.

NCL will fill the Haven and have bids available in the event that some one cancels or moves up during the bidding process. You will be notified of an unsuccessful bid the night before departure. Normally, Haven upgrades are processed the Monday before departure. The latest we got notified of a successful Haven bid was on a Wednesday for a Saturday departure.

image.thumb.png.3bdd2268b78f93f281e157e52c54aa87.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, The Shrike said:

If there are cabins available you should get an upgrade e-mail, or if you view your reservation at NCL dot com it should be one of the first things you see.  It does depend on how far out you are, though.  I think they start putting out the upgrade e-mails at around four or five months prior to sailing.

We booked our April cruise in early February and we booked an August cruise in late June. On both cruises we had/have the option to bid on a bigger Haven suite. I'm not sure the timing matters...at least in my experience it hasn't. 

Definitely not bidding on anything as we pick our suites and don't want a different room. 

In the same boat here, also doing a Mexico cruise in December on Joy.  Would love to get an aft- Haven Balcony but the prices have shot up lately compared to when I first upgraded to the Haven.   Last payment isn't until September so plenty of time to monitor pricing on just upgrading rather than waiting on a bid.

I always book the suite I want but if the OS or DOS pops up for a bid, I will low-ball with my bid to see if they bite. I’m a solo cruiser so I already pay too much to cruise (heck, I like to spoil myself once a year) which is why I bid a smidge above minimum - and then double it. If I win a bid, GREAT! If I don’t win a bid, GREAT!

• Like 2