Did Alaska cruises go down in price for 2023?

Kitty Ellas Mom

Am I seeing things? I was booked on a Princess 7 day Southbound on Majestic Princess for 2022 I wasn't able to go on. Prices I'm seeing for very similar cruises for 2023 are close to half the cost I was originally paying for 22 for same cabin type.  Admittedly I have had little time to research this. But I'm wondering if others have seen this same trend. I'm very unsure of summer 23 plans but wondering if I should book another Alaska cruise before the prices go up.

Oops, I  made a mistake and CC isn't letting me edit for some reason. I forgot about taxes and port fees, and that I bought the Princess insurance. So, the 2023 prices I'm seeing aren't as low as I thought.  But, still significantly lower. My 2022 cruise was about $4k and the same thing is now $3k. I also heard that my cruise sailed at only 60% capacity. I am wondering if prices went down to attract more buyers.  I did already book something else next Sept but I'm really not at all sure I can go; I booked during the $1 deposit sale. That one is 10 day Caribbean Princess Canada and New England. 

10 hours ago, Kitty Ellas Mom said:

Oops, I  made a mistake and CC isn't letting me edit for some reason. I forgot about taxes and port fees, and that I bought the Princess insurance. So, the 2023 prices I'm seeing aren't as low as I thought.  But, still significantly lower. My 2022 cruise was about $4k and the same thing is now $3k. I also heard that my cruise sailed at only 60% capacity. I am wondering if prices went down to attract more buyers.  I did already book something else next Sept but I'm really not at all sure I can go; I booked during the $1 deposit sale. That one is 10 day Caribbean Princess Canada and New England. 

On our preferred cruise line, the 2023 prices are the same as 2022

Thank you for your responses.  I had expected prices to increase a lot which is why I was so surprised.  I am thinking I should definitely look into  booking something for Alaska for next summer soon before prices increase.  I was a week away from my June cruise, which had been booked in 2019 originally, and then we had a death in the family.  The insurance paid for the expenses.  I had already bought all the clothes etc for Alaska and really do want to do that same itinerary.  I still haven't been on my first cruise.  

Royal is.....slightly lower than it was around this time last year.....but way higher than the sale prices I got it down to by the end of the year....I need to temper my expectations of getting such an amazing deal.....we shall see....

Yes, now that a few weeks have passed the prices that I have looked up before have gone up.  Should have booked earlier maybe.  Trouble is, I don't know what I'm doing next summer. Sigh.  I WISH I could just go on my missed cruise now b/c I see what you mean about the deals out there right now.  The ship I was supposed to be on sailed at about 60% capacity.  Wish I had been on there.

On June 28 we booked HAL Alaska cruise for next June which included Have it All.  But over the weekend prices dropped and HIA now includes crew incentive which our original booking did not.  Had it repriced and rebooked saving $250 each on fare and about $200 in crew incentive which is now included.  Total savings about $750. Same OBC as prior booking.

Jane