Wine/bottled water

janroatan

16 minutes ago, janroatan said:

Are we allowed to take wine/ bottled water onboard?

I bottle of wine per adult. 

Water, yes, but not in plastic bottles.  Why bother anyway  ? Drink the tap water or buy water on board.

I carry a refillable water bottle with me. You can also order 12 half-liter bottles of water to be delivered to your cabin for $7.08. It's one of the options under the beverage packages tab of the onboard services tab on the Cruise Personalizer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 x 750ml bottle of wine per adult at no charge for use in your cabin. If brought to a public area such as the DR there will be a $20/battle corkage charge (the FAQs still state the old corkage cost of $15). Additional bottles can be brought on board and are subject to the $20/bottle corkage when boarding. Fortified wines such as port are not allowed.

Regarding water the rule is 12 small cans are permitted to be carried on. Plastic bottles are not allowed. It has been reported by some that they did carry on plastic bottles.

If you have the plus or premier fare water is included. Tap water is perfectly suitable to drink. Refill a water bottle.

Water is available for pre-purchase at a fairly good price.

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I bottle of wine per adult. 

Water, yes, but not in plastic bottles.  Why bother anyway  ? Drink the tap water or buy water on board.

Not quite.  See below. 

ETA"  Well, also see above since @skynight was posting at same time I was.

Edited by Steelers36

2 hours ago, janroatan said:

Are we allowed to take wine/ bottled water onboard?

You are allowed one free bottle of wine (std 750 ml size) per adult in a cabin - typically 2.  If you take the unopened bottle to a DR, it is subject to the $20 corkage fee.  You can bring any number of additional bottles - within reason I imagine, but I have yet to hear of an upper limit - but each one over the free one is subject to a $20 corkage fee at boarding time.  Then, you are not charged again in the DR as those bottles will have stickers indicating corkage fee has been paid.

The most I have brought on a cruise is two cases (24 bottles) which was for a 60-night voyage.  I also bought some odd bottles here and there in some of the ports.

18 minutes ago, CambsCruiser82 said:

Hi,

If you therefore don't bring a bottle on when you initially board but buy a bottle while in another port, do you have to pay the $20 charge or will they allow you to take that on to use in the room as your free bottle? 

The one bottle allowance relates to when you first embark, as far as I am aware.

Too difficult to police if people were allowed to bring on their allowed bottle at different ports.

25 minutes ago, CambsCruiser82 said:

Hi,

If you therefore don't bring a bottle on when you initially board but buy a bottle while in another port, do you have to pay the $20 charge or will they allow you to take that on to use in the room as your free bottle? 

wowzz isn't all that positive in this area.  First, you may bring on additional wine at port stops.  I see you are only looking at a bottle or two extra, so no big deal.  Probably 8-9 times out of 10 you will just walk on board at a port as they are mostly looking to catch liquors and not wine.  The crew manning the alcohol table when you re-board will not know if you or anyone else had a free bottle at embarkation. 

If they don't ping you for a corkage fee (> 50% in my experience and from reading other CC member posts), it is subject to corkage if you take it to the DR.  But in your room, no further charge. 

So, no guarantee you bypass the alcohol table on re-boarding, but most often it isn't an issue.  Worst case, it costs you $20.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Probably 8-9 times out of 10 you will just walk on board at a port as they are mostly looking to catch liquors and not wine

But in virtually every port your bags will be x-rayed when you come back on board.

Are you saying that if they see a wine bottle in your bag they will wave it through ? 

51 minutes ago, CambsCruiser82 said:

Hi,

Initial board and port boarding don't relate. There is no record. They are treated separate. Sometimes people walk on at ports with wine with no corkage paid and sometimes corkage is paid.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wowzz said:

But in virtually every port your bags will be x-rayed when you come back on board.

Are you saying that if they see a wine bottle in your bag they will wave it through ? 

Yes.  I have experienced this several times.  Some are directed to the liquor table which is often in the lobby area behind the security screening.  I don't think anyone has pointed me there when I have had a bottle of wine.

• Like 1