Viking Rivers of Gold Question

mhb1757

Booked for this cruise in November. I know originally I saw somewhere the hotel Viking uses in Lisbon, but I can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone know?  Also we are doing the extension to Santiago de Compostela.  Anyone know which hotel there?

Thanks. 

15 minutes ago, mhb1757 said:

Booked for this cruise in November. I know originally I saw somewhere the hotel Viking uses in Lisbon, but I can’t find it anywhere. Does anyone know?  Also we are doing the extension to Santiago de Compostela.  Anyone know which hotel there?

Thanks. 

We did this cruise last November, and the hotel was the Tivoli Lisboa. Viking still shows it for the extension, so they’re probably still using it for the included 2 nights. Great hotel and breakfast - and a businessman’s lunch special weekdays which costs about half the price of dinner. Lunch reservations are a must.

• Like 1

I haven,t open the cruise critic for over two and half years I am looking for fellow travellers on VIKING HERJA on July 30 to August 10, from PARIS TO ZURICH. 

This is my first time on Viking River Cruise though we have been on over 70 ocean cruises. Can someone who is experienced river cruisers kind to share their experiences?

We are from Canada .

THANKS!

Welcome back kitkit1010.  Definitely read the stickies at the top regarding being new to river cruising.  There are also several many threads on the same topic.  River cruising is significantly different than ocean cruising in many ways.

If you still have questions, or are still looking for someone on your cruise, try posting your own question.  Your question may get lost as the thread is specific to a Portugal cruise.  I only opened it as I was curious where a "rivers of gold" cruise might go.

On 7/17/2022 at 12:24 AM, Squawkman said:

We did this cruise last November, and the hotel was the Tivoli Lisboa

Our friends did this cruise last week and their Lisbon hotel was the Tivoli.

Edited by pontac