CDC Ends Cruise Ship Protocols?

imacruiser99

On 7/18/2022 at 4:15 PM, CrazyTrain2 said:

Come on Bermuda!!

Do you think Bermuda will drop their covid testing for cruises that take longer than 5 days to reach them? I am on a cruise in September with NCL it doesn't reach Bermuda till the 7th day. Will the ship test 4000 people on board before getting off the ship?

On 7/23/2022 at 6:55 PM, Trouble112463 said:

Do you think Bermuda will drop their covid testing for cruises that take longer than 5 days to reach them? I am on a cruise in September with NCL it doesn't reach Bermuda till the 7th day. Will the ship test 4000 people on board before getting off the ship?

We also go in September to Bermuda , September 1 for a 5 night sailing but i cant see much changing although Carnival are drooping testing.

1 hour ago, Keith.W said:

We also go in September to Bermuda , September 1 for a 5 night sailing but i cant see much changing although Carnival are drooping testing.

Bermudian officials publicly stated two or three months ago that the BermudaTravel Authorization wouldn’t be dropped  sooner than March of 2023. At least they lowered the cost by $35.00 and eliminated the need to upload negative Covid test results two days before embarkation, putting everyone on pins and needles wondering if their authorization would arrive on time. Though you still need a negative test result to board the ship, which Bermuda recognizes.

• Like 1

On 7/29/2022 at 5:12 PM, cruiserbear55 said:

Bermudian officials publicly stated two or three months ago that the BermudaTravel Authorization wouldn’t be dropped  sooner than March of 2023. At least they lowered the cost by $35.00 and eliminated the need to upload negative Covid test results two days before embarkation, putting everyone on pins and needles wondering if their authorization would arrive on time. Though you still need a negative test result to board the ship, which Bermuda recognizes.

Here's a link to the direct news article stating the Bermuda Travel Authorization will be around until March, 2023 (https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20220525/government-cannot-afford-to-drop-ta-form-senate-told/).

I'd rather they scrap the form and process, and just require a $40 "visitation fee."

Oh well!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Here's a link to the direct news article stating the Bermuda Travel Authorization will be around until March, 2023 (https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20220525/government-cannot-afford-to-drop-ta-form-senate-told/).

I'd rather they scrap the form and process, and just require a $40 "visitation fee."

Oh well!

I doubt the Bermuda TA is reading this but by you collecting $40 additional from each passenger, you are LOSING MONEY.  Clearly, the University of Bermuda business school has missed a few courses about taxation and total revenues.  I am choosing to AVOID BERMUDA.  Frankly, it's not that great and the stress of dealing with the Bermuda TA is just not what I want on my vacation.  I do not want my vacation held hostage by some bureaucrat and their silly rubber stamp. Bermuda's port fees are already too high.  There are plenty of places to visit other than Bermuda.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, jetact said:

Hopefully NCL moves on this soon as I have been holding off buying our e-med tests for our cruise in August.  

Heard from the GM during a meeting on Epic that this will be no more on 8/1.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Harratine said:

Heard from the GM during a meeting on Epic that this will be no more on 8/1.

I believe the GM was referring to Epic only as it is sailing in Europe.  That has already been announced.

EU Healthy Gateways Ends Pre-Cruise Testing Requirements

For sailings beginning August 1, 2022, vaccinated guests sailing on a cruise originating from any port EXCEPT a U.S. port; Canadian port; or Piraeus, Greece are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

I believe the GM was referring to Epic only as it is sailing in Europe.  That has already been announced.

EU Healthy Gateways Ends Pre-Cruise Testing Requirements

For sailings beginning August 1, 2022, vaccinated guests sailing on a cruise originating from any port EXCEPT a U.S. port; Canadian port; or Piraeus, Greece are exempt from all pre-cruise COVID-19 testing requirements.

Nice catch! I totally missed that lil' detail 🙂