Need a vacation planner

2 minutes ago, lovecarnivalcruises said:

This will be my first cruise on NCL, I need a vacation planner anybody have any suggestions?

Sorry, but it is against forum guidelines to recommend cruise consultants or travel agents.  Now having said that, there is a whole bunch of knowledgeable and helpful cruisers on this forum so if you have any questions...fire away!

sorry dear, but why would you need a vacation planner, unless youre referring to a small booklet to keep notes and memos in.

if youre booked on an ncl cruise already, log onto my ncl, view cruise, and then click on excursions. it will give you a list by ports and prices, as well as a relatively nice description of each excursion, you can click on dining, entertainment, drinks, and other goodies and decide for yourself. what you want to do and see.

you definitely "DO NOT"! need some stranger to plan this for you. this site (cruise critic ncl forum) has loads of seasoned travelers, who would be more than happy to give you information and tips about places they've been, things they've seen and done both on and off the ship.

as far as your 1st ncl cruise:  "Seek and ye shall find" 

by the way, indicating  you are a carnival cruise lover wont get you many points here (lol)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, complawyer said:

if i may be so bold as to inquire (and i'm aware it's really none of my business), why exactly do you need a planner, when (imho), it's very easy to take care of most of these things by yourself

My husband received a call from a PCC - next day he was literally booking our August cruise with her. He does enjoy talking with her, asking questions, and establishing a relationship with the PCC, but he works remotely so only has me to communicate with outside of work hours. And let me tell ya, I'm no easy chap to communicate with. I really think a good portion of the reason he talks with her, is just to talk with someone else. 

She has been somewhat helpful - booking our Free at Sea Plus package and confirming we cannot book it in March. Additionally, she did help us use the random $100 coupon we received from NCL. And, she answered several questions that he didn't know the answer to. You're completely right, I could have found them here on Cruise Critic or over the site that is not to be named, but alas, we went the official route. It seems the "official" route is sometimes incorrect too. For instance, she is telling us our Premium Plus beverage package will provide free milkshakes at American Diner. I'm still waiting for that one in writing, because I totally do not believe it! 

But hey, @lovecarnivalcruises, my email is a[d]k  [@] [the google mail] [.com] and I'll pass on the name of our PCC (she is really kind and helpful).

I am much more of a do it yourselfer when it comes to travel. I've figured out how to travel in Russia, Canada, and the US all on my own. I don't need someone to help - if I ever do a Mid Eastern trip, then I might enlist a few men with guns. I wish NCL would give me the commission they give TA's and PCC's. 

Edited by cruiseny4life

15 hours ago, complawyer said:

if i may be so bold as to inquire (and i'm aware it's really none of my business), why exactly do you need a planner, when (imho), it's very easy to take care of most of these things by yourself

Answer #1 - Everyone has an opinion, and needless to say not everyone's opinion is correct 100% of the time. So, based on that, consider that your opinion here might not be correct. Additionally, while it may be easy to take care of most of these things by yourself, most is not all. The real question to ask is what is the downside to using a planner/TA/PCC? They certainly don't cost you money, right?

Answer #2 - Ask the same question, but substitute "lawyer" for "planner". Sure, you can represent yourself in the legal system, but a good attorney is worth their weight in gold, no?

cruiseny4life

just a word to the wise. i posted my email address    previously for some one who wrote that they were not getting return calls from their cruise consultant. i advised i had someone who i thought was excellent.

i got a nasty email from the cruise critic powers that be, advising that this is in strict violation of cruise critic rules, and if i did it again, they might remove me. shame on me.

just thought i'd give you a heads up. you'll probably get the same warning in a day or 2.

IMHO: as far as cruise critic is concerned, "no good deed goes unpunished"

18 hours ago, complawyer said:

sorry dear, but why would you need a vacation planner, unless youre referring to a small booklet to keep notes and memos in.

if youre booked on an ncl cruise already, log onto my ncl, view cruise, and then click on excursions. it will give you a list by ports and prices, as well as a relatively nice description of each excursion, you can click on dining, entertainment, drinks, and other goodies and decide for yourself. what you want to do and see.

you definitely "DO NOT"! need some stranger to plan this for you. this site (cruise critic ncl forum) has loads of seasoned travelers, who would be more than happy to give you information and tips about places they've been, things they've seen and done both on and off the ship.

as far as your 1st ncl cruise:  "Seek and ye shall find" 

by the way, indicating  you are a carnival cruise lover wont get you many points here (lol)

Yes, I figured my username might hurt me here, lol. 

dear mr (or mrs or ms). whichever the case may be:

in  theory your post is 100% correct and i agree with you.

that being said, however, there are a great deal more intricacies in the many areas of law, where you would be doing yourself a  major disservice trying to represent yourself.  you could end up either broke or in jail. Before you respond, please note i'm not saying this just because i happen to be an attorney, even i wouldnt attempt to represent myself, and ive been in practice for 40 years. not bragging, just saying!

with what i believe are the many knowledgeable people  who populate the cruise critic ncl forum, and the volume of information available on the ncl website itself, with a slight bit of research and reading, i think that lovecarnivalcruises could answer most of her own questions. as you so succinctly put it i specifically said "most"  definitely not "all"

she would probably need to talk to someone about prices, multiple cabins, specific decks and locations, other than those,   by either by posting a question on this forum, or looking it up, i think she could have found the information she needed without the need of a planner. By the way, unfortunately she was unaware that responding to this question and posting any information about services offered by anyone is strictly forbidden by cruise critic.

i got a nasty email from them when i offered my email address to someone in order to recommend a consultant. 

if love carnivalruises posts any questions, im sure anyone of us would be happy and more than able to answer.

I have only cruised Carnival, I am platinum there. I sailed several times without a Vacation Planner. But chose to get one when I went to Europe. Carnival does things differently and it has helped having one. For example today I needed to ask a question and it has taken forever to get through to NCL. If I had a PCC from NCL I would email them and they can usually get right back to me (I hope). I know how to do everything online, but it is nice when you ask questions or need to make changes on your booking. 

lovecarnivalcruises, (love your name) LOL.

hopefully, after your 1st ncl cruise you will change your name to luvnclcruises.

on a serious note, however, anyone on this forum  is  not allowed to offer this type of information on this site or offer their phone number or email address to privately answer the question

cruise critic probably will censor the response, and send a nasty email to the person that tried to answer you. i tried and they did!

why dont  you try and ask your question(s) on this forum, and see if you get a viable answer.  there are bunches and bunches of folks who have taken 100's of cruises between them, and i'm sure someone can answer what you need to know, unless its about a specific cruise price.

if that doesnt work, if you go to ncl.com, there is a number to call where you can speak to an ncl rep

waiting on hold forever is par for the course with ncl. i've been on hold for over an hour many times.

got back from athens this past april, leaving from southampton this sept.

perhaps we can help answer your questions. if not no harm no foul

12 minutes ago, complawyer said:

dear mr (or mrs or ms). whichever the case may be:

in  theory your post is 100% correct and i agree with you.

that being said, however, there are a great deal more intricacies in the many areas of law, where you would be doing yourself a  major disservice trying to represent yourself.  you could end up either broke or in jail. Before you respond, please note i'm not saying this just because i happen to be an attorney, even i wouldnt attempt to represent myself, and ive been in practice for 40 years. not bragging, just saying!

with what i believe are the many knowledgeable people  who populate the cruise critic ncl forum, and the volume of information available on the ncl website itself, with a slight bit of research and reading, i think that lovecarnivalcruises could answer most of her own questions. as you so succinctly put it i specifically said "most"  definitely not "all"

she would probably need to talk to someone about prices, multiple cabins, specific decks and locations, other than those,   by either by posting a question on this forum, or looking it up, i think she could have found the information she needed without the need of a planner. By the way, unfortunately she was unaware that responding to this question and posting any information about services offered by anyone is strictly forbidden by cruise critic.

i got a nasty email from them when i offered my email address to someone in order to recommend a consultant. 

if love carnivalruises posts any questions, im sure anyone of us would be happy and more than able to answer.

While I don't disagree with your intent, I don't think Cruise Critic is really the answer...there are just waaaaay too many opinions and too few facts here anymore. Lots of folks providing opinions and guesses rather than answers. For example, there is an active thread right now where someone asked the cost of Vibe for their cruise...and they got 36 replies (so far)...and it simply does not take 36 different answers to learn the price of the Vibe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, complawyer said:

cruiseny4life

just a word to the wise. i posted my email address    previously for some one who wrote that they were not getting return calls from their cruise consultant. i advised i had someone who i thought was excellent.

i got a nasty email from the cruise critic powers that be, advising that this is in strict violation of cruise critic rules, and if i did it again, they might remove me. shame on me.

just thought i'd give you a heads up. you'll probably get the same warning in a day or 2.

IMHO: as far as cruise critic is concerned, "no good deed goes unpunished"

Well now that I have "No Good Deed" from Wicked stuck in my head, I'll just have to take the chiding and run away. Oh well...I was chided by a name that shall not be mentioned admin and just left the group. I know me of a million or two members doesn't matter, but if the chiding is harsh enough I'll just be on my merry way to my video sharing happy place (I don't know if I can mention that place either). 

Ya see @complawyer, we can agree!

Now - could NCL please get Wicked as a show so I can feel good about watching a "broadway" style show on the ocean? 

50 minutes ago, lovecarnivalcruises said:

My question is about my air flight, it is not showing up in my vacation summary. When I had a PCC at Carnival she would go over the flight with me and if I did not care for what she was offering she changed the times for me. So do NCL's PCC's not do this?

I don't think so - based on what I've read here and our current experience. Now, my husband and I just booked a cruise with airfare on Saturday. The PCC told us that we would have to deal with the air department, and that their are no real alterations allowed. We could potentially request a deviation at $25/per person to arrive a day or two early for the cruise. Since it kicks off in New Orleans, I'm trying to convince that man we need to arrive at least a day early to explore the French Quarter! 

You're going to love NCL - if you're able to, please book the Haven. You'll never go back to any cruise line, ever. My only experience with Carnival was 12 years ago in a Spa Balcony cabin. It took me 12 years to go on another cruise and now I've got 2 more booked. We even forewent a second Disney trip to go on NCL. 

I think it has a ton of great activities for teens - though RCCL does have a lot too. You'll enjoy NCL, just don't let the small stuff upset you. 

9 minutes ago, lovecarnivalcruises said:

When I booked I asked if I could come a day early and was told yes, is your airfare showing when you go under my vacations? 

Not yet - but NCL isn't booking airfare until 30 days out. We still have a few months before we see it show up in the summary. 

Our cruise is in March, 23 that we're utilizing airfare. Our August cruise is out of NYC, so we're just driving.

Edited by cruiseny4life
added dates

lovecarnivalcruises:

please allow me to apologize. i completely misunderstood your question. while i still feel a great deal of putting together a cruise (including airfare and hotel ) can be self-accomplished, you are absolutely correct. when booking your air with/through ncl, you absolutely need to speak with one of their reps.  asking for a "planner" is what threw me. in any event, i hope you get the flights/ seats you want at a decent fare.

again, sorry for the misleading information

• Like 1

On 7/19/2022 at 1:41 PM, lovecarnivalcruises said:

When I booked I asked if I could come a day early and was told yes, is your airfare showing when you go under my vacations? 

Yes you can go in or return a day or two early/ late. BUT you have to talk to the air department to get that deviation. Have you talked to them? 
For customized air arrangements, call 1-866-625-1163

I got a $100 credit for my air deviation, $50 for 2 of 3 people on the cruise, for 2 day deviations on both ends of the cruise.

I don’t cruise until September so I don’t have flights yet. However, I do see the air fare and the deviation credit on my statement.